GM League

GM League (http://www.fumblen.de/index.php)
-   Football (http://www.fumblen.de/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Garoppolo's new contract (http://www.fumblen.de/showthread.php?t=10267)

IBleedBlackNGold 02-08-2018 02:14 PM

Garoppolo's new contract

5 years, $137.5 million ($27.5 million per season average). Wow

bdogtitan11 02-08-2018 02:38 PM

Best QB in the league, don't @ me.

IBleedBlackNGold 02-08-2018 03:12 PM

It's pretty clear he's a special and elite QB. With Stafford averaging just slightly less at $27 mil per season, I too would have felt comfortable giving Jimmy G that new contract. When you clearly have a franchise QB, you keep him

JasonBourne008 02-08-2018 04:13 PM

Disclaimer: I did not see Jimmy Garoppolo play this season, but i can't see how you can justify giving 27 million dollars a year to someone who has started seven professional games in four seasons. I understand his numbers have been good, and he probably looks good doing it, but do you guys not find it at least somewhat alarming that everyone is jumping on the bandwagon no questions asked. This guy is just being proclaimed the next great quarterback. Reminds me of the all the Chip Kelly hype and how he was going revolutionize the game with his up-tempo play.

Remember that just one year ago:
  • Jared Goff was looking like a total bust
  • David Carr was a gun-slinging franchise QB
  • Jameis Winston was too
  • Dak Prescott was being hyped as the QB of the future
  • Nick Foles and Case Keenum were journeymen QBs
  • Carson Wentz was alright
  • etc.

mschmitty17 02-08-2018 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonBourne008 (Post 197063)
Disclaimer: I did not see Jimmy Garoppolo play this season, but i can't see how you can justify giving 27 million dollars a year to someone who has started seven professional games in four seasons. I understand his numbers have been good, and he probably looks good doing it, but do you guys not find it at least somewhat alarming that everyone is jumping on the bandwagon no questions asked. This guy is just being proclaimed the next great quarterback. Reminds me of the all the Chip Kelly hype and how he was going revolutionize the game with his up-tempo play.

• Jameis Winston was too
  • etc.

Did you guys know David Carr was in the NFL last year?

NFLRA 02-08-2018 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschmitty17 (Post 197070)

NFL Network!

Its ok - we knew what he meant

Mach 02-08-2018 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mschmitty17 (Post 197070)

sure as shit looked like David.

Brown GM 02-08-2018 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mach (Post 197088)
sure as shit looked like David.

You mean it sure looked like the 2005 Houston Texans offensive line.... Dom Capers got fired after that season too.

dgfred 02-08-2018 10:18 PM

He played great... and they have the money. Good so far.

IBleedBlackNGold 02-09-2018 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonBourne008 (Post 197063)

• Jameis Winston was too
  • etc.

I hear you about giving this kind of money to a QB with only seven starts, but the 49ers were winless when he was acquired and JG completely changed that team. He went undefeated as a starter and beat 3 playoff teams in his last 3 games (TEN, JAX, LAR), putting up 44 points against the Jags D and annihilating the Rams in Los Angeles. SF looked unbeatable their last 2 games and they had sucked for a few seasons before JG got there. So yeah it's a risk but it's a risk I'd take too after seeing what he was able to do.