GM League  

Go Back   GM League > Forums > Other Sports

Other Sports All the other stuff not covered. Also includes Fantasy Baseball & Fantasy Hockey

Old 01-29-2019, 11:41 PM
'13 Mock Draft Winner, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17 Pick Em Winner & the Straw that Stirs the Drink

Thanked 2,484 Times in 1,697 Posts
Groans: 93
Groaned at 100 Times in 98 Posts
Mach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond repute

***1/2 for Asuka/Becky.
Old 01-29-2019, 11:43 PM
'13 Mock Draft Winner, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17 Pick Em Winner & the Straw that Stirs the Drink

Mach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure I'm buying Dean being done. Seems kinda Pillman esque. Maybe a kind of redux of the Union of People You Oughta Respect (Shane) to capitalize on the AEW buzz?
Old 02-11-2019, 05:55 PM

Thanked 2,504 Times in 1,955 Posts
Groans: 47
Groaned at 74 Times in 72 Posts
Hammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
it just feels like theyve been making everything he does over the last year important, they gave him wins over naito and tanahashi in the g1, i think they have a lot of faith in him. plus, i get what you mean when you say american, but he was in the njpw dojo, hes a njpw guy, its not like he came over from training in north america and theres a worry about him leaving with his buddies to go to wwe or form a new company.

edit: okada, not naito, in the g1.
not bad pal. not bad. im watching the match now, so lets see how it is... i liked his match with okada at wk, but more because of okada and the crowd. i still think white is kinda bland offensively, we'll see how this goes. he does have a natural heel aura on the mic though.

edit: great match. definitely the best of whites career. 4.25 seems about right to me. the gedo interference doesnt bother me that much, because it fits him and white well... red shoes' cadence annoys the fuck out of me so much. the pause between 2 and 3, every single false finish, is absolutely infuriating. witty, i think youll even enjoy this match, it wasnt a typical 100 miles an hour spot after spot after spot match. there was selling and psychology throughout. hell, white was even selling the knee work done to him in the post match. im impressed. i dont know for certain, id say the match was only about 25-28 minutes too, so it isnt a marathon watch. i dont recall hearing the 30 minute call, but i definitely heard the 20 minute call, so im guessing on the time, but it seems reasonable.

Last edited by Hammer; 02-11-2019 at 06:45 PM.
Old 03-10-2019, 08:02 PM
I accept that

Groans: 0
Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
HollywoodLeo is on a distinguished road

I doubt anyone's watching Fastlane, but nevertheless...

This is actually some very good booking with Kofi IMO.

But in typical WWE fashion I doubt they follow through with the payoff that would make it worth it.

They're really good at setting stuff up very awesomely but then coming up jokingly short in the follow up.

Spoiler
Old 03-10-2019, 11:38 PM

Hammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond repute

i just read the results, ill watch the show later, but agreed its been done well to this point. im pretty sure they'll give him the strap at wm, even if just for a month.
Old 03-11-2019, 05:57 PM

so i got to most of the show this afternoon, i skipped a couple of the matches i didnt care about (usos vs shane/miz, womens tag and i havent watched the shield yet but i might get around to it at some point). the us title, the raw tag titles and the wwe title matches were all very good. the "we want kofi" chants were real legit at the beginning of that wwe title match, if they pay this off correctly, they actually ran this version of the storyline better than the way they did it with becky. just because im sure new day are still big merch movers, id be stunned if they dont pay this off with kofi winning the title.
Old 03-16-2019, 08:41 PM

Old 03-16-2019, 09:07 PM
2017 schisno GM of the Year

Thanked 1,939 Times in 1,325 Posts
Groans: 4
Groaned at 70 Times in 68 Posts
Keller M. Whitlock has a brilliant futureKeller M. Whitlock has a brilliant futureKeller M. Whitlock has a brilliant futureKeller M. Whitlock has a brilliant futureKeller M. Whitlock has a brilliant futureKeller M. Whitlock has a brilliant futureKeller M. Whitlock has a brilliant futureKeller M. Whitlock has a brilliant futureKeller M. Whitlock has a brilliant futureKeller M. Whitlock has a brilliant futureKeller M. Whitlock has a brilliant future

WM is going to be over 5 hours... so long.

Summer Slam tickets is 2000 for floor seats and 500 lower bowl, why would they charge so much