GM League  

Go Back   GM League > Forums > Football

Football NFL, NCAA, CFL, AFL, UFL, USFL, and even Fantasy Football, Pickem, Survivour, & Suicide games

Old 03-13-2019, 01:52 AM
2016 GML Dynasty Champ, 2018 GML Survivor Champ

Groans: 29
Groaned at 17 Times in 15 Posts
indecisivepizza is a splendid one to beholdindecisivepizza is a splendid one to beholdindecisivepizza is a splendid one to beholdindecisivepizza is a splendid one to beholdindecisivepizza is a splendid one to beholdindecisivepizza is a splendid one to beholdindecisivepizza is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by westsidepj View Post
Was only going to get him because I thought he'd be cheap and don't have a ton of cap space
Which is totally fair. Frankly I expected him to go for 5+ and probably leave my zone. Beyond the benefits of getting young potential with a young backup QB tho, I usually like to go that route in part because those dudes are cheap (those QBs I mentioned before that I had all cost a shit ton of money, so spending a lot on a backup made little sense. With Rosen only costing 570K tho I have the luxury this year of spending a little more for a backup, which got me Flacco)
Old 03-13-2019, 02:19 AM

Thanked 2,504 Times in 1,955 Posts
Groans: 47
Groaned at 74 Times in 72 Posts
Hammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGAllDay View Post
Le'Veon is a Jet. Hammer?
im good with it. first, i expected a lot worse than 13 a year. second, if you're gonna strike in free agency, it should be for culture changers like le'veon and mosley. its the deals like crowder that teams end up regretting... 9 mil a year for a slot receiver. i would've really liked to add paradis, but whatever.

of course, all of this is moot if le'veon is 30 pounds overweight and got his paycheck and doesn't care anymore. but as we sit... we're the jets, we've stunk pretty much my entire life... go one season at a time, because history states we're gonna be terrible again in two years anyway. so strike while you have the assets.
NYGAllDay (03-13-2019)
Old 03-13-2019, 07:13 AM

Groans: 5
Groaned at 8 Times in 8 Posts
IBleedBlackNGold is a jewel in the roughIBleedBlackNGold is a jewel in the roughIBleedBlackNGold is a jewel in the roughIBleedBlackNGold is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGAllDay View Post
Peppers is alright. 3.95 is a decent rotation, maybe a starter. 1.17 needs to be a WR now. So great. Shipped Odell for a younger WR, a rotation and a SS. If this clears them of most of his salary at least they can go a little crazy in FA. But this fucking sucks.
I've analyzed the hell out of this.

53 x 32 = 1,696 total roster spots / 256 draft picks per year = Every 6.625 years total draft picks could replace all roster spots (even though that would never happen)

53 roster spots / 10 years = 5.3 draft picks per year making the team if over 10 years (also not realistic)

22 starters / 7 drafts = 3.33 starters per year

Long-term planning: On average you want about 6 rookies making the team per year (between draft picks and UDFAs) with 3 of them becoming starters. Of the 22 starters maybe 2-4 of them should be gotten via UFA. So per my philosophy UFA should be a spice as opposed to a major vehicle in which to build an NFL football team. So 3.95 should hopefully become an average starter by year 3 or 4.
2016 Pittsburgh Steelers co-GM
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IBleedBlackNGold For This Useful Post:
Bren1117 (03-13-2019), dgfred (03-13-2019), indecisivepizza (03-13-2019)
Old 03-13-2019, 11:37 PM

Groans: 4
Groaned at 9 Times in 9 Posts
jalexjsmithj is a splendid one to beholdjalexjsmithj is a splendid one to beholdjalexjsmithj is a splendid one to beholdjalexjsmithj is a splendid one to beholdjalexjsmithj is a splendid one to beholdjalexjsmithj is a splendid one to behold

I think at 17 the pick is going to be Hockenson if hes still on the board and I expect him to be. Move Engram to receiver which he really is anyway, get a monster blocker for that run game Gettleman is trying to create and a young weapon for a rookie QBs best friend. Did I bury the lead here? Youre taking Haskins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-13-2019, 11:55 PM
2017 schisno GM of the Year

Thanked 1,939 Times in 1,325 Posts
Groaned at 70 Times in 68 Posts
Keller M. Whitlock has a brilliant futureKeller M. Whitlock has a brilliant futureKeller M. Whitlock has a brilliant futureKeller M. Whitlock has a brilliant futureKeller M. Whitlock has a brilliant futureKeller M. Whitlock has a brilliant futureKeller M. Whitlock has a brilliant futureKeller M. Whitlock has a brilliant futureKeller M. Whitlock has a brilliant futureKeller M. Whitlock has a brilliant futureKeller M. Whitlock has a brilliant future

Or Gettes gets fired for being a terrible GM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Keller M. Whitlock For This Useful Post:
Bren1117 (03-15-2019)
Old 03-14-2019, 12:09 AM
Youtube NFL Draft Wannabe

Groans: 28
Groaned at 14 Times in 14 Posts
NYGAllDay is a splendid one to beholdNYGAllDay is a splendid one to beholdNYGAllDay is a splendid one to beholdNYGAllDay is a splendid one to beholdNYGAllDay is a splendid one to beholdNYGAllDay is a splendid one to behold

I can only hope

Old 03-15-2019, 06:08 PM

Keller M. Whitlock has a brilliant futureKeller M. Whitlock has a brilliant futureKeller M. Whitlock has a brilliant futureKeller M. Whitlock has a brilliant futureKeller M. Whitlock has a brilliant futureKeller M. Whitlock has a brilliant futureKeller M. Whitlock has a brilliant futureKeller M. Whitlock has a brilliant futureKeller M. Whitlock has a brilliant futureKeller M. Whitlock has a brilliant futureKeller M. Whitlock has a brilliant future

Tanny for a 4th and 7th.

Dolphins aiming to finish dead last with Luke Falk (schisno guy) and Jake Rudock.

Please let Falk start, then he'll be like Trent Edward's, Ryan Lindley, Connor Cook and the rest... Tyler Wilson ever get a start?
Old 03-15-2019, 06:15 PM
Oilers GM

Groans: 28
Groaned at 9 Times in 8 Posts
PSG is just really nicePSG is just really nicePSG is just really nicePSG is just really nicePSG is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keller M. Whitlock View Post
Tanny for a 4th and 7th.

Dolphins aiming to finish dead last with Luke (schisno guy) and Jake Rudock.

Please let Falk start, then he'll be like Trent Edward's, Ryan Lindley, Connor Cook and the rest... Tyler Wilson ever get a start?
Nah....we're signing Tyrod Fucking Taylor

#TankForTua
Old 03-15-2019, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSG View Post
Nah....we're signing Tyrod Fucking Taylor
Did he not sign with the Chargers? Like Teddy chose to be a back up with the Saints?
Old 03-15-2019, 06:21 PM

Groans: 0
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
westsidepj is on a distinguished road

Only starting level QBs left I think are Bortles (barely qualifies) and FitzMagic