GM League  

Go Back   GM League > Forums > GM League: 2019

Old 01-10-2019, 04:44 PM
Texans GM (LAR '17, PIT '16)

Groans: 9
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
JasonBourne008 is a jewel in the roughJasonBourne008 is a jewel in the roughJasonBourne008 is a jewel in the rough
Default How do you pull the rosters for a new season?

Question mostly to Witlon, Mach, Browns GM, or anyone else.

From what I've overheard it seems like quite the hassle. In the past how have you guys gone about pulling the rosters? Do you download them from somewhere? How do you get all the contract information? Isn't it based on December 31, 2018? If so, do we not have them now?

I am looking at updating my Google Sheet that I shared with the league last season for this new season with the rosters for this year (see link below).

2018 GML Rosters, Draft, Budgets

Trade Block
Old 01-10-2019, 05:53 PM
2016 & 2017 Mach Draft Contest Winner

Thanked 2,740 Times in 2,213 Posts
Groans: 180
Groaned at 127 Times in 122 Posts
Formerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, Mach grabbed them and I just worked off of what he grabbed in the past. I'm assuming he downloads the spreadsheet from OTC, but I'm not 100% sure.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:40 PM
'13 Mock Draft Winner, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17 Pick Em Winner & the Straw that Stirs the Drink

Thanked 2,214 Times in 1,530 Posts
Groans: 93
Groaned at 94 Times in 92 Posts
Mach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond repute

manual pulldowns of each team roster, bay-bay. Grab a bottle of your favourite drink and lose 4 hours of your life.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mach For This Useful Post:
Paul 13 (Today)
Old 01-10-2019, 11:06 PM

JasonBourne008 is a jewel in the roughJasonBourne008 is a jewel in the roughJasonBourne008 is a jewel in the rough

From OTC? Doesn't seem too difficult tbh.

Trade Block
Old 01-10-2019, 11:30 PM
2017 schisno GM of the Year

Thanked 1,599 Times in 1,116 Posts
Groans: 3
Groaned at 67 Times in 65 Posts
Brown GM has a brilliant futureBrown GM has a brilliant futureBrown GM has a brilliant futureBrown GM has a brilliant futureBrown GM has a brilliant futureBrown GM has a brilliant futureBrown GM has a brilliant futureBrown GM has a brilliant futureBrown GM has a brilliant futureBrown GM has a brilliant futureBrown GM has a brilliant future

It's not, but it's the tedious nature of capturing numbers manually and entering them into your own spreadsheet.

Originally how we did it back in the day was use the NFLPA website, because they showed contract info for the players back then. Then I'm not sure why they made them unavailable, but hey we have OTC now.
Old 01-11-2019, 12:23 AM
'13 Mock Draft Winner, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17 Pick Em Winner & the Straw that Stirs the Drink

Mach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonBourne008 View Post
From OTC? Doesn't seem too difficult tbh.
Not difficult, but I think you have to pull from the team page, pull from the calculator, and place it together. You also have to change the drop down for each team for cut, cut June 1, trade, and even trade june 1. It's not hard but it's mindnumbingly slow.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mach For This Useful Post:
JasonBourne008 (01-11-2019)
Old 01-11-2019, 02:40 PM
2016 GML Dynasty Champ, 2018 GML Survivor Champ

Groans: 21
Groaned at 15 Times in 13 Posts
indecisivepizza is a splendid one to beholdindecisivepizza is a splendid one to beholdindecisivepizza is a splendid one to beholdindecisivepizza is a splendid one to beholdindecisivepizza is a splendid one to beholdindecisivepizza is a splendid one to behold

I feel like I can automate this (I'm down to give it a try at least). couple questions
1. Cap if traded is cap number - prorated number?
2. What we call June 1 cut/trade cost is what OTC calls post June 1, right?
I think that's all i got for now, I'll start fiddling with this
Old 01-11-2019, 02:43 PM
2016 GML Dynasty Champ, 2018 GML Survivor Champ

Groans: 21
Groaned at 15 Times in 13 Posts
indecisivepizza is a splendid one to beholdindecisivepizza is a splendid one to beholdindecisivepizza is a splendid one to beholdindecisivepizza is a splendid one to beholdindecisivepizza is a splendid one to beholdindecisivepizza is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by indecisivepizza View Post
I feel like I can automate this (I'm down to give it a try at least). couple questions
3. Do we account for the dead money of players not on the roster in that little side spreadsheet?
Old 01-11-2019, 02:54 PM

Quote:
3. Do we account for the dead money of players not on the roster in that little side spreadsheet?
  1. Not sure about the traded cap number, that sounds right, but better wait for someone to confirm
  2. I believe that is correct about the naming
  3. Last year we did not, but in the preceding years we did (I think)

Trade Block
The Following User Says Thank You to JasonBourne008 For This Useful Post:
indecisivepizza (01-11-2019)
Old 01-11-2019, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Quote:
1. I think so. JB asked me as well. Look at last year's sheet and that'll give you the answer.

2. That's correct

3. It's a style question. I say no because I want to give teams the most cap flexibility possible. And if we include the pre-existing dead money we'd need to include rollover money as well. I think OTC captures that, but if not, it's another aspect. We can't do one without the other.