GM League  

Go Back   GM League > Forums > Other Sports

Other Sports All the other stuff not covered. Also includes Fantasy Baseball & Fantasy Hockey

Old 09-17-2015, 06:12 PM
2016 & 2017 Mach Draft Contest Winner

Thanked 1,657 Times in 1,252 Posts
Groans: 145
Groaned at 110 Times in 106 Posts
Witlon has a brilliant futureWitlon has a brilliant futureWitlon has a brilliant futureWitlon has a brilliant futureWitlon has a brilliant futureWitlon has a brilliant futureWitlon has a brilliant futureWitlon has a brilliant futureWitlon has a brilliant futureWitlon has a brilliant futureWitlon has a brilliant future
Default The Pro Wrestling/Sports Entertainment Thread

I don't wanna clog up the other posts, but I just watched a match (and I'm sure they'll be many more of the course of the next 6 months or so) that I really wanna get some others opinions on.

Hammer, Mach, Schisno, hell even Prynce... Witlon needs your thoughts on this...

Old 09-17-2015, 06:59 PM
2017 schisno GM of the Year

Groans: 3
Groaned at 44 Times in 43 Posts
Brown GM is a splendid one to beholdBrown GM is a splendid one to beholdBrown GM is a splendid one to beholdBrown GM is a splendid one to beholdBrown GM is a splendid one to beholdBrown GM is a splendid one to beholdBrown GM is a splendid one to beholdBrown GM is a splendid one to behold

If you like the shoot fight style it's right up there. The opening was quick pace and had a good flow because both guys have legit MMA style training and I know Tamura trained and wrestled for UWF which was another shoot-style wrestling promotion. Both guys were smooth because of their experience with shoot/catch wrestling.

I can't remember if RINGS had legitimate rights or not, but it's pretty much in the same vein as stuff you saw from MMA fighters who transitioned into japanese pro wrestling.
Old 09-21-2015, 08:14 PM

Witlon has a brilliant futureWitlon has a brilliant futureWitlon has a brilliant futureWitlon has a brilliant futureWitlon has a brilliant futureWitlon has a brilliant futureWitlon has a brilliant futureWitlon has a brilliant futureWitlon has a brilliant futureWitlon has a brilliant futureWitlon has a brilliant future
Default The Pro Wrestling Thread

After a 2 PPV weekend (ROH/WWE), the fact that I have Cedric Alexander v. Moose as the match of the week is staggering. (I had it at ***1/2, nothing else on ROH/WWE higher than ***1/4.)
Old 09-21-2015, 08:25 PM

Groans: 38
Groaned at 41 Times in 40 Posts
Hammer is a splendid one to beholdHammer is a splendid one to beholdHammer is a splendid one to beholdHammer is a splendid one to beholdHammer is a splendid one to beholdHammer is a splendid one to beholdHammer is a splendid one to behold

didnt see roh, but i could picture it... there were no real burners on noc last night. rollins/cena was pretty good, rollins/sting was alright til sting just about died, and i enjoyed owens/ryback, but that was probably helped by the result.
Old 09-21-2015, 08:30 PM

I like the divas match too, outside of the flash finish. Nikki worked the leg quite well and Charlotte didn't 86 the selling at any point (even in the post match strut with Ric.)

Still wish Paige would've clipped her to turn heel. Would've been the perfect ending to that match/segment.
Old 10-12-2015, 01:43 PM

Psst...Hammer...thoughts on the first post match when you get a chance? Please? Thanks?
Old 10-12-2015, 05:00 PM

Hammer is a splendid one to beholdHammer is a splendid one to beholdHammer is a splendid one to beholdHammer is a splendid one to beholdHammer is a splendid one to beholdHammer is a splendid one to beholdHammer is a splendid one to behold

sorry buddy, never even saw this thread. lemme put my chicken in the oven, and ill give it a watch.
Old 10-12-2015, 07:31 PM

im only halfway through, but i dont wanna give thoughts on the match before it ends, just one quick thing...

at about the 11 minute mark, some kid starts crying in the crowd, and i yelled out "shut that kid up!" to no one in particular.
Witlon (10-12-2015)
Old 10-12-2015, 07:49 PM

that was pretty damn solid. they did a solid job, especially during the grappling, to blur the lines between gimmicked and real. there were a couple openings, that i saw were left as openings, because it was gimmicked... but it was still pretty tight.

i picked up quickly that punches to the face werent allowed, but the carding system took me a bit. initially i thought it was illegal blows, and a submission deemed to be finish worthy were worth the yellow cards... but then i realized reaching for the ropes was what caused those yellow cards, not the finishable rear naked and armbar attempts.

and looking at recommended videos after this... big nog, guy mezger, frank shamrock, valentijn overeem... theres a bunch of legit mma fighters that did this.
Old 10-12-2015, 08:00 PM

Yeah, the card system stuff doesn't make much sense to me, either, and since is the probably the best example of the style, I doubt I'll look into it much.

And not only MMA guys, there's some stuff with guys like Vader working UWFi(I think) with a 'shootfight' type guy. It's certainly an interesting style that I wouldn't figure I'd like anything from (since I loathe MMA), that gets thrown in with other pro wrestling stuff.