GM League  

Go Back   GM League > Forums > General Discussion Lounge

General Discussion Lounge A place to discuss things you come across on the web and for whatever thoughts come up

Old 07-10-2019, 09:40 AM
Member of the 2020 GML Board of Directors

Thanked 2,220 Times in 1,545 Posts
Groans: 4
Groaned at 76 Times in 70 Posts
Keller M. Whitlock has a reputation beyond reputeKeller M. Whitlock has a reputation beyond reputeKeller M. Whitlock has a reputation beyond reputeKeller M. Whitlock has a reputation beyond reputeKeller M. Whitlock has a reputation beyond reputeKeller M. Whitlock has a reputation beyond reputeKeller M. Whitlock has a reputation beyond reputeKeller M. Whitlock has a reputation beyond reputeKeller M. Whitlock has a reputation beyond reputeKeller M. Whitlock has a reputation beyond reputeKeller M. Whitlock has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach View Post
Going with just names you'll know (there's a great mom and pop shop nearby)

1. Don's Steakhouse/The Don's - I'm sure they're not even real fries, but they're always amazing
2. Five Guys - Thick and always extra
3. In N Out - Fry Light. See, I like my fries a little on the less cooked side, and they deliver.
4. Wendy's - Always solid with the right amount of salt.
5. Now this is tough because I'd have had at least two local places up here, but I guess I'll give the nod to CFA's Waffle Fries. I like the texture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearsDreamer View Post
Top 5 Fries:
-Au Cheval (Chicago) Fries
-Arby's Curly Fries
-McDonald's; a pure classic
-Rally's seasoned fries
-Taco Bell Nacho Fries

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalexjsmithj View Post
French Fries rankings:

If we’re going local there is only one answer:

https://youtu.be/xapgdth2Q-w

Other than that

1. McDonald’s
2. Chick-fil-A
3. Whataburger
4. Five Guys
5. Culver’s
Arby’s with the once in a blue moon honorable mention.

My employer did not make the list. The sister company got the honorable mention tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. McDonald's
These are a classic. A staple on which all other fries are measured.

2. Arby's
One of the few places with curly fries.

3. Burger Federation
Drizzled olive oil and seasoned well, I'd put it near the top if I didn't have to go to Pearson Airport to get it.

4. A&W
Crisp and a very classic taste to them.

5. Chip Trucks
Classic chunk or wedges, and most chip trucks are at least good to very good.
Old 07-10-2019, 09:50 AM
Khawaja / GML Legal Analcyst

Thanked 2,254 Times in 1,391 Posts
Groans: 10
Groaned at 17 Times in 17 Posts
BearsDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeBearsDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeBearsDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeBearsDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeBearsDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeBearsDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeBearsDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeBearsDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeBearsDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeBearsDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeBearsDreamer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keller M. Whitlock View Post
4. A&W
Crisp and a very classic taste to them.
We used to have A&W around and those were really good fries. I miss that place.
Old 07-10-2019, 12:30 PM
'13 Mock Draft Winner, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17 Pick Em Winner & the Straw that Stirs the Drink

Thanked 2,822 Times in 1,914 Posts
Groans: 93
Groaned at 113 Times in 110 Posts
Mach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't tried A&W yet. Maybe I need to.

I find it funny only BD didn't have Mickie D's #1.
Old 07-10-2019, 02:02 PM

Keller M. Whitlock has a reputation beyond reputeKeller M. Whitlock has a reputation beyond reputeKeller M. Whitlock has a reputation beyond reputeKeller M. Whitlock has a reputation beyond reputeKeller M. Whitlock has a reputation beyond reputeKeller M. Whitlock has a reputation beyond reputeKeller M. Whitlock has a reputation beyond reputeKeller M. Whitlock has a reputation beyond reputeKeller M. Whitlock has a reputation beyond reputeKeller M. Whitlock has a reputation beyond reputeKeller M. Whitlock has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

And you're the only one with Wendy's. Shame. Shame. Shame.
Old 07-10-2019, 02:07 PM

BearsDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeBearsDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeBearsDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeBearsDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeBearsDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeBearsDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeBearsDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeBearsDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeBearsDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeBearsDreamer has a reputation beyond reputeBearsDreamer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Yes, you need to try A&W.

If i recall they were seasoned fries.
Old 07-10-2019, 05:04 PM
'13 Mock Draft Winner, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17 Pick Em Winner & the Straw that Stirs the Drink

Thanked 2,822 Times in 1,914 Posts
Groans: 93
Groaned at 113 Times in 110 Posts
Mach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe we just have a good Wendy's here?
Old 07-11-2019, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Yo mama so fat Thanos had to snap twice.
indecisivepizza (07-11-2019)
Old 07-11-2019, 06:22 PM

Quote:

I discovered this is true. When I lived in the city we didn't have Wendy's. You had to go to Skokie for that, and we didn't have Wendy's in the south where I was born.

So when I moved to Central Illinois I got my first taste. Not good.

Well, I was on the road today and tried a different new out of town Wendy's.

I owe Mach an apology. The fries were crisp and thr skin was still on and perfectly salted. The spicy chicken sandwich was amaz-balls.

Long story short. My Wendy's sucks!

Sent from the pits of Hell using Tapatalk.
Mach (07-11-2019)
Old 07-11-2019, 06:23 PM

also, I dipped my fries on Sweet and Sour sauce, it was the right call

Sent from the pits of Hell using Tapatalk.
Old 07-11-2019, 07:02 PM

Dipping fries in anything other than ketchup is worth doing!

Also Popeyes Chicken fries are up there, they are what KFC fries use to be, before they merged with Taco Bell.