Pittsburgh Steelers 0 0%
Indianapolis Colts 1 4.55%
Houston Texans 1 4.55%
Tennessee Titans 2 9.09%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-30-2018, 11:33 PM

Groans: 4
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
jalexjsmithj is a glorious beacon of lightjalexjsmithj is a glorious beacon of lightjalexjsmithj is a glorious beacon of lightjalexjsmithj is a glorious beacon of lightjalexjsmithj is a glorious beacon of lightjalexjsmithj is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by indecisivepizza View Post
Totally understood, Iím not trying to contest your vote (given my final voting success Iíll take any award at this point ) but seeing as how I bragged about my cap situation in my writeup I was perplexed to see money as a factor in your vote.

With Rodgers I have two years before heís owed a contract, and while heíll undoubtedly get a record setting contract, worst case scenario itís double what Iím paying now (another $20M), which given Iím starting with $40M in free cap next offseason (idk about two offseasons from now) I feel like I can take on. Odell is definitely more pressing, but if a long term deal didnít happen a non exclusive franchise tag could not cost more than $20M given it was $16M this year. So weíre talking a max of a $10M hike for Odell next year, and a max $20M hike the year after for Rodgers. Starting with at least $40M in cap gives me some room to spare, plus thereís another 21.8M in disposable contracts for players currently 29 and older (excluding Rodgers. And I get 29+ is a little arbitrary, but all those dudes with be on the wrong side of 30 come time for a Odell extension, so theyíll probably be the first to go)

So long story short, while I donít necessarily envy the GM who has to extend those two and also maintain this team, I do think the money is there to keep this team going for more than the next two years. Or maybe the next guy does what I did and changes 90% of the roster, making this moot
And imagine a world with holdouts.
Old 05-01-2018, 12:12 AM
2016 GML Dynasty Champion

Groans: 20
Groaned at 15 Times in 13 Posts
indecisivepizza is a splendid one to beholdindecisivepizza is a splendid one to beholdindecisivepizza is a splendid one to beholdindecisivepizza is a splendid one to beholdindecisivepizza is a splendid one to beholdindecisivepizza is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalexjsmithj View Post
And imagine a world with holdouts.
*shudders* itís be curious to see how this team (and others) played out one, two, three years down the line, but alas, we donít do the dynasty GML (and for good reason, I imagine that shit would get out of hand fast) and we donít do FA like IRL, which is unfortunate, but of course if we had I probably wouldíve never traded for luck and then Rodgers, since Brees would not have been out of my price range. Alas, all these what ifs of be GML...
Old 05-02-2018, 03:59 PM

Groans: 0
Groaned at 2 Times in 2 Posts
Wisecav01 will become famous soon enoughWisecav01 will become famous soon enough

My vote: New Orleans Saints -- Indecisive Pizza -- A contender for as long as Aaron Rodgers remains elite and ODB tries to walk the straight and narrow just enough to get paid.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wisecav01 For This Useful Post:
indecisivepizza (05-02-2018)
Old 05-02-2018, 04:10 PM

Groans: 47
Groaned at 36 Times in 32 Posts
bdogtitan11 is a splendid one to beholdbdogtitan11 is a splendid one to beholdbdogtitan11 is a splendid one to beholdbdogtitan11 is a splendid one to beholdbdogtitan11 is a splendid one to beholdbdogtitan11 is a splendid one to beholdbdogtitan11 is a splendid one to behold

NOLA gets it. Pizza took a championship contender and built it into...a championship contender. But he put his twist on it and teamed up an elite QB with an elite WR. The time is now for the Saints.
The Following User Says Thank You to bdogtitan11 For This Useful Post:
indecisivepizza (05-02-2018)