GM League  

Go Back   GM League > Forums > GM League: 2019 > 2019 Free Agency

Old 04-19-2019, 12:06 PM
Khawaja / GML Legal Analcyst

Thanked 2,008 Times in 1,202 Posts
Groans: 9
Groaned at 16 Times in 16 Posts
BearsDreamer has a brilliant futureBearsDreamer has a brilliant futureBearsDreamer has a brilliant futureBearsDreamer has a brilliant futureBearsDreamer has a brilliant futureBearsDreamer has a brilliant futureBearsDreamer has a brilliant futureBearsDreamer has a brilliant futureBearsDreamer has a brilliant futureBearsDreamer has a brilliant futureBearsDreamer has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettyflacco View Post
I was joking, although my understanding is that I could still request my dead $ back, mods feel free to correct me of course

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
In further research you could as a club ask for that money back, ala, "The Barry Sanders Rule". The CBA requires an arbitrator for this. Of course, this rule only applies if the player retires while still under contract with the original team, in this case, the Raiders.

If a player is waived or traded, the original team is still responsible for the 'accelerator' the prorated bonus for that year, and that counts against the cap.

The team that benefits is the team that claimed or acquired him. Sine he is under contract with that team he would be on their retired list and no dead money would count towards them.

Does this make sense? The salary cap is fickle beast.

Spoiler
The Following User Says Thank You to BearsDreamer For This Useful Post:
Prettyflacco (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 08:51 PM

Groans: 4
Groaned at 9 Times in 8 Posts
Prettyflacco is a splendid one to beholdPrettyflacco is a splendid one to beholdPrettyflacco is a splendid one to beholdPrettyflacco is a splendid one to beholdPrettyflacco is a splendid one to beholdPrettyflacco is a splendid one to behold

Ah, this exceptionally spicy GML season continues...
indecisivepizza (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 09:31 PM

BearsDreamer has a brilliant futureBearsDreamer has a brilliant futureBearsDreamer has a brilliant futureBearsDreamer has a brilliant futureBearsDreamer has a brilliant futureBearsDreamer has a brilliant futureBearsDreamer has a brilliant futureBearsDreamer has a brilliant futureBearsDreamer has a brilliant futureBearsDreamer has a brilliant futureBearsDreamer has a brilliant future

Ideally I wanted everyone to get bids in a few days ago so everyone was at 53 when practice squad started which would lock rosters. Which they are. I think messaged those that were under a few days ago to get bids in.

Hopefully my response to Jalex cleared up confusion.

Sent from the pits of Hell using Tapatalk

Spoiler
Old Yesterday, 09:42 PM
'13 Mock Draft Winner, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17 Pick Em Winner & the Straw that Stirs the Drink

Thanked 2,749 Times in 1,870 Posts
Groans: 93
Groaned at 110 Times in 107 Posts
Mach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettyflacco View Post
Ah, this exceptionally spicy GML season continues...
this year man, I tell ya...
The Following User Says Thank You to Mach For This Useful Post:
BearsDreamer (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 10:40 PM

Looks like everyone kinda figured it all out together. Thank you all. Been hiking all day and I am old man tired

Spoiler
Old Yesterday, 10:52 PM
2017 schisno GM of the Year

Thanked 2,081 Times in 1,437 Posts
Groaned at 76 Times in 70 Posts
Keller M. Whitlock has a reputation beyond reputeKeller M. Whitlock has a reputation beyond reputeKeller M. Whitlock has a reputation beyond reputeKeller M. Whitlock has a reputation beyond reputeKeller M. Whitlock has a reputation beyond reputeKeller M. Whitlock has a reputation beyond reputeKeller M. Whitlock has a reputation beyond reputeKeller M. Whitlock has a reputation beyond reputeKeller M. Whitlock has a reputation beyond reputeKeller M. Whitlock has a reputation beyond reputeKeller M. Whitlock has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearsDreamer View Post
Looks like everyone kinda figured it all out together. Thank you all. Been bar hopping all day and I am drunk/high man tired

Fixed.
Old Yesterday, 10:56 PM

Let's just say I am very in touch with nature today

Spoiler
Old Today, 11:00 AM

Groaned at 5 Times in 4 Posts
Paul 13 has a spectacular aura aboutPaul 13 has a spectacular aura aboutPaul 13 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearsDreamer View Post
Let's just say I am very in touch with nature today

How far did you hike? We walked 8.5 miles on Thursday to the beach and im still suffering. Blisters and calves.
The Following User Says Thank You to Paul 13 For This Useful Post:
BearsDreamer (Today)
Old Today, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul 13 View Post
How far did you hike? We walked 8.5 miles on Thursday to the beach and im still suffering. Blisters and calves.

It was supposed to be 5 miles through the timber, but there was a mistake and we went a long way through muddy cattle trails

Spoiler