GM League  

Go Back   GM League > Forums > GM League: 2018

Old 01-26-2018, 11:20 PM
'13 Mock Draft Winner, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17 Pick Em Winner & the Straw that Stirs the Drink

Thanked 2,178 Times in 1,500 Posts
Groans: 93
Groaned at 94 Times in 92 Posts
Mach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond reputeMach has a reputation beyond repute
Default Pick 2

The Following User Says Thank You to Mach For This Useful Post:
PSG (01-26-2018)
Old 01-26-2018, 11:49 PM

Groans: 41
Groaned at 17 Times in 12 Posts
NFLRA is a name known to allNFLRA is a name known to allNFLRA is a name known to allNFLRA is a name known to allNFLRA is a name known to allNFLRA is a name known to all

The Rats and the Eagles, and its a shear numbers game
2015 Denver Broncos
Old 01-26-2018, 11:50 PM
2016 GML Dynasty Champ, 2018 GML Survivor Champ

Groans: 21
Groaned at 15 Times in 13 Posts
indecisivepizza is a splendid one to beholdindecisivepizza is a splendid one to beholdindecisivepizza is a splendid one to beholdindecisivepizza is a splendid one to beholdindecisivepizza is a splendid one to beholdindecisivepizza is a splendid one to behold

Without knowing the tools the hunter has, gotta go with rats and eagles, no question. (If the dude has like bombs or an unlimited ammo machine gun, or a flamethrower, things may be different). If you pick rats and eagles that means your facing 45 adversaries, which means you can stick 222 rats on each adversary. Eagles play defense/go for the eyes/quickly incapacitate the hunter (only one with potential long distance ability) and fill any holes left by the rats.

And while you can make the argument against the eagles (there’s really no way to not pick the rats), the counterpoint is that the eagles are the only enemy the rats can’t fight, as they’re the only aerial threat)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to indecisivepizza For This Useful Post:
Draven (01-27-2018), Patrick Mahomes is God (01-27-2018)
Old 01-26-2018, 11:51 PM

Groans: 41
Groaned at 17 Times in 12 Posts
NFLRA is a name known to allNFLRA is a name known to allNFLRA is a name known to allNFLRA is a name known to allNFLRA is a name known to allNFLRA is a name known to all

--the tools the hunter has--

looks like a pump action shotgun
2015 Denver Broncos
Old 01-26-2018, 11:53 PM

Groans: 47
Groaned at 36 Times in 32 Posts
bdogtitan11 is a splendid one to beholdbdogtitan11 is a splendid one to beholdbdogtitan11 is a splendid one to beholdbdogtitan11 is a splendid one to beholdbdogtitan11 is a splendid one to beholdbdogtitan11 is a splendid one to beholdbdogtitan11 is a splendid one to behold

I thought this was a reference to me having the No. 2 pick in the draft...

I select the Browns.
The Following User Says Thank You to bdogtitan11 For This Useful Post:
NFLRA (01-26-2018)
Old 01-26-2018, 11:58 PM

Groans: 47
Groaned at 36 Times in 32 Posts
bdogtitan11 is a splendid one to beholdbdogtitan11 is a splendid one to beholdbdogtitan11 is a splendid one to beholdbdogtitan11 is a splendid one to beholdbdogtitan11 is a splendid one to beholdbdogtitan11 is a splendid one to beholdbdogtitan11 is a splendid one to behold

Eagles are actually kind of dumb, not super keen predators (more like vultures). So they're out.

Alligators/Crocs can't do this if I'm on land. So they're out.

Those longhorns don't know what meat tastes like. You need to have meat in your mouth sometimes to be a real man. So they're out.

Speaking of real man, that guy's posture is kinda fem. Don't trust him with a gun vs. multiple predators. He's out.

This is where it gets tricky. I like the idea of 5 apes. Smart, super strong, mean. They'd take the bears with ease. So apes.

Then it's between the rats and the wolves. I think the wolves would eventually be able to sniff out the rats and fend them off. Any left over wolves could help vs. bears and vice versa with the apes.

Oh, and male lions are lazy.

Apes and wolves, that's the right answer.

Last edited by bdogtitan11; 01-27-2018 at 12:00 AM.
Old 01-27-2018, 09:54 AM
Chicago Bears

Groans: 0
Groaned at 16 Times in 16 Posts
Foamfrontmeshback is a glorious beacon of lightFoamfrontmeshback is a glorious beacon of lightFoamfrontmeshback is a glorious beacon of lightFoamfrontmeshback is a glorious beacon of lightFoamfrontmeshback is a glorious beacon of lightFoamfrontmeshback is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdogtitan11 View Post
You need to have meat in your mouth sometimes to be a real man. So they're out.
If that is indeed a picture of Mach as i suspect, hes had tons of meat in his mouth so hes as real a man as you'll find. Id choose him to defend me, and the five gorillas to help him keep his manliness up while I watch football cut-ups.
Old 01-26-2018, 11:59 PM
Titans GM; ‘17 GML FFL Champion; ‘17 GML Dynasty Champion; Stable Genius

Groans: 2
Groaned at 11 Times in 11 Posts
BearsDreamer is a splendid one to beholdBearsDreamer is a splendid one to beholdBearsDreamer is a splendid one to beholdBearsDreamer is a splendid one to beholdBearsDreamer is a splendid one to beholdBearsDreamer is a splendid one to beholdBearsDreamer is a splendid one to behold

Gorillas and wolves for sure. Gorrillias would be my defemse while the wolves split up and wiped out the ithers numbers
The Following User Says Thank You to BearsDreamer For This Useful Post:
bdogtitan11 (01-27-2018)
Old 01-27-2018, 10:55 AM

Groans: 10
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts
Sloup is just really niceSloup is just really niceSloup is just really niceSloup is just really niceSloup is just really nice

Power Rankings -

1. 10000 Rats - A living nightmare. If it were the rats vs everything else, each creature would have to handle more than 100 rats a piece.

2. 15 Wolves - The most tactical of the animal groups, and there's quite a few of them. Should be able to pick off animals distracted by the 100 rats assigned to them.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3. 50 Eagles - The only group capable of flight. Would they have the energy to kill 10000 rats, though? My job would be to find a method to deal with the eagles while under cover from getting swooped on.

4. 3 Bears - That's a lot of body mass to deal with, so the rats may not be as effective. Rats plus wolves should be enough, though.

5. 4 Lions - More pack tactics, but fewer numbers. Should be outmaneuvered by the wolves.

6. 10 Alligators - More dangerous in quick, unexpected strikes than over the course of an epic battle like this. They don't have the efficiency to handle the rats.

7. 7 Bulls - I know we're getting down the list, but these guys are still dangerous. Can also end your life in an instant, but they will be easier to track than the alligators.

8. 5 Gorillas - Again, still scary. Not sure they present the challenge the other animals do in the face of a rat swarm.

12. 1 Dude - Seriously? Are we so vain? Is he holding a fucking musket? 15 bloodthirsty rats can take care of this.

Every non-flying creature will have to put up with more than 300 rats. The larger animals will be picked off individually by the wolves as they get swarmed by rats. When the dude is dead, I'll take his musket and start picking off eagles, who will hopefully be overwhelmed by the number of rats they need to take care of.

2016 Saints
2017 Seahawks
2018 Jets
Old 01-27-2018, 11:09 AM
Titans GM; ‘17 GML FFL Champion; ‘17 GML Dynasty Champion; Stable Genius

Groans: 2
Groaned at 11 Times in 11 Posts
BearsDreamer is a splendid one to beholdBearsDreamer is a splendid one to beholdBearsDreamer is a splendid one to beholdBearsDreamer is a splendid one to beholdBearsDreamer is a splendid one to beholdBearsDreamer is a splendid one to beholdBearsDreamer is a splendid one to behold

I just want to say to those of you that are choosing rats. I lived in Chicago and there were 100,000 rats in the alley behind my apartment every night. Ain’t nobody scared of rats. 10 stray cats is all it takes.
The Following User Says Thank You to BearsDreamer For This Useful Post:
bdogtitan11 (01-27-2018)