GM League  

Go Back   GM League > Forums > GM League: 2018

Old 12-30-2017, 08:11 PM

Groans: 4
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts
IBleedBlackNGold is a jewel in the roughIBleedBlackNGold is a jewel in the roughIBleedBlackNGold is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach View Post
the draft order remains the same. The draft will start from #1.
Great. Is the page which shows the order up somewhere?
Old 12-31-2017, 12:54 AM

Groans: 3
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Prettyflacco is a glorious beacon of lightPrettyflacco is a glorious beacon of lightPrettyflacco is a glorious beacon of lightPrettyflacco is a glorious beacon of lightPrettyflacco is a glorious beacon of lightPrettyflacco is a glorious beacon of light

I think I'm picking like 28th after a poor showing with my mock draft...
Old 12-31-2017, 04:02 AM

Prettyflacco is a glorious beacon of lightPrettyflacco is a glorious beacon of lightPrettyflacco is a glorious beacon of lightPrettyflacco is a glorious beacon of lightPrettyflacco is a glorious beacon of lightPrettyflacco is a glorious beacon of light

Browsing OTC's 2018 cap space rankings there are some really ugly teams out there. Chiefs could make some moves and would be fun, but there are teams like Eagles, Steelers, my Ravens (and of course everyone's favorite Dolphins) that really don't have a lot of cap flexibility and just seem totally capped/leveraged out--would be rough to be stuck with one of those...
Old 12-31-2017, 07:54 PM

Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
jalexjsmithj is a glorious beacon of lightjalexjsmithj is a glorious beacon of lightjalexjsmithj is a glorious beacon of lightjalexjsmithj is a glorious beacon of lightjalexjsmithj is a glorious beacon of lightjalexjsmithj is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettyflacco View Post
Browsing OTC's 2018 cap space rankings there are some really ugly teams out there. Chiefs could make some moves and would be fun, but there are teams like Eagles, Steelers, my Ravens (and of course everyone's favorite Dolphins) that really don't have a lot of cap flexibility and just seem totally capped/leveraged out--would be rough to be stuck with one of those...

Luckily IBBG will take the Steelers early on and spare us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-31-2017, 07:56 PM

Thanked 2,003 Times in 1,501 Posts
Groans: 45
Groaned at 69 Times in 67 Posts
Hammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant future

and i always just take whatevers left over at the end, i dont care about cap situations.
dgfred (01-09-2018), IBleedBlackNGold (12-31-2017)
Old 12-31-2017, 08:03 PM

Groans: 7
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Sloup is just really niceSloup is just really niceSloup is just really niceSloup is just really nice

All I remember is that I'm entitled to the #5 pick. In my last productive action in 2017, I would like to announce that I'll be here for it.

2016 Saints
2017 Seahawks
2018 Jets
The Following User Says Thank You to Sloup For This Useful Post:
Prettyflacco (12-31-2017)
Old 12-31-2017, 09:00 PM

Props to IBBG for repping PIT--I was Ravens my first year and I'm just too sentimental with that roster to be as objective/ruthless as I should be, and having no cap space to me is just not fun. I love GML Free Agency even if it often makes we want to throw my laptop through a window (who was it that I got into a huge bidding war with over Ty Nsekhe?)
Old 12-31-2017, 09:51 PM

Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts
IBleedBlackNGold is a jewel in the roughIBleedBlackNGold is a jewel in the roughIBleedBlackNGold is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalexjsmithj View Post
Luckily IBBG will take the Steelers early on and spare us.
Possibly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettyflacco View Post
Props to IBBG for repping PIT--I was Ravens my first year and I'm just too sentimental with that roster to be as objective/ruthless as I should be, and having no cap space to me is just not fun. I love GML Free Agency even if it often makes we want to throw my laptop through a window (who was it that I got into a huge bidding war with over Ty Nsekhe?)
Thanks man I appreciate that. Ravens blew the game today. I thought they would have made it to the Divisional Round had they won today. I love GML Free Agency also, I love it all really. And I really like the rule changes for next year such as no trading of players signed for the vet minimum
Old 01-01-2018, 01:51 AM

I'm crushed at today's results, but if it means Ravens grab a QB in the first (Lamar Jackson or Mayfield I hope) it will all be worth it. I love Flacco but it's time for him to hand over the reins to a young QB and then go home and play with his kids in 2019
Old 01-01-2018, 02:04 AM
2017 schisno GM of the Year

Thanked 1,518 Times in 1,048 Posts
Groaned at 63 Times in 61 Posts
Brown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud of

So I get to trade back from #1 and #4 this year.