GM League  

Go Back   GM League > Forums > GM League: 2018

Old 02-07-2018, 05:04 PM

Groans: 4
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
jalexjsmithj is a glorious beacon of lightjalexjsmithj is a glorious beacon of lightjalexjsmithj is a glorious beacon of lightjalexjsmithj is a glorious beacon of lightjalexjsmithj is a glorious beacon of lightjalexjsmithj is a glorious beacon of light

I like nominations too. It keeps perceived skill lever out of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-07-2018, 06:19 PM
Texans GM (LAR '17, PIT '16)

Groans: 9
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
JasonBourne008 is a jewel in the roughJasonBourne008 is a jewel in the roughJasonBourne008 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearsDreamer View Post
I thought I did? My proposal was the first round would include all the top free agents at their position; I was thinking 1 player per position. We bid on those to set the market. Then following that it is the regular nomination process.

I also see Schisno’s point that IRL free agent doesn’t always work this way (of course there is no nominations either).

It was just something I had seem discussed for years and thought was a neat idear
I guess you were, but that addition is a little more specific.

I guess for me I was wondering how "the top free agents" would be determined objectively. I think one of the purposes of the having the nomination window is so people can nominate people they need to have resolved before they address other spots on their roster (i.e. 'the big chips'). Of course this is not always the case as some people smokescreen and thrown names to try and entice people to spend earlier.

Personally I find the nomination fun, engaging and strategic. I think it there was a preset list that would less interesting, and would leave people less reason to log back in, in what is a long GML season.

Trade Block
Old 02-07-2018, 06:27 PM

jalexjsmithj is a glorious beacon of lightjalexjsmithj is a glorious beacon of lightjalexjsmithj is a glorious beacon of lightjalexjsmithj is a glorious beacon of lightjalexjsmithj is a glorious beacon of lightjalexjsmithj is a glorious beacon of light

He's right^

Old 02-07-2018, 06:55 PM

Groans: 41
Groaned at 17 Times in 12 Posts
NFLRA is a name known to allNFLRA is a name known to allNFLRA is a name known to allNFLRA is a name known to allNFLRA is a name known to allNFLRA is a name known to all

--as some people smokescreen and thrown names to try and entice people to spend earlier.--

I would never...
2015 Denver Broncos
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NFLRA For This Useful Post:
dgfred (02-27-2018), Draven (02-09-2018), JasonBourne008 (02-07-2018)
Old 02-07-2018, 07:22 PM
Titans GM; ‘17 GML FFL Champion; ‘17 GML Dynasty Champion; Stable Genius

Groans: 2
Groaned at 11 Times in 11 Posts
BearsDreamer is a splendid one to beholdBearsDreamer is a splendid one to beholdBearsDreamer is a splendid one to beholdBearsDreamer is a splendid one to beholdBearsDreamer is a splendid one to beholdBearsDreamer is a splendid one to beholdBearsDreamer is a splendid one to behold

Yeah. Those are good points. I concede

Spoiler
Old 02-21-2018, 11:13 PM

So the players I’ve seen the biggest range on are all in 2 position groups, OT and WR. Specifically my big 12 peeps, Connor Williams, Orlando Brown, and James Washington.

Old 02-21-2018, 11:22 PM

Thanked 1,994 Times in 1,498 Posts
Groans: 45
Groaned at 69 Times in 67 Posts
Hammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant future

i got brown and williams as my top two tackles, but im far from convinced either is a top 15 pick. and i got washington as a 2nd rounder.
Old 02-21-2018, 11:24 PM

Default Prospect Talk

Are we talking GML top 15 or IRL? I think Connor Williams is awesome, but I wouldn’t bet he goes till like maybe Seattle in GML

Old 02-21-2018, 11:25 PM

Hammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant future

real life. in gml i don't project an offensive lineman til the 4th round.
Draven (02-22-2018), jalexjsmithj (02-21-2018), NYGAllDay521 (02-22-2018)
Old 02-21-2018, 11:27 PM

williams' 17 tapes, even without the injury, are startlingly up and down. if he had repeated his 2016 i think hed be in the conversation for any of the teams in the top 10.