GM League  

Go Back   GM League > Forums > Other Sports

Other Sports All the other stuff not covered. Also includes Fantasy Baseball & Fantasy Hockey

Old 07-06-2017, 02:21 PM
'13 Mock Draft Winner, '13, '14, '15, '16 Pick Em Winner & the Straw that Stirs the Drink

Thanked 1,537 Times in 1,041 Posts
Groans: 81
Groaned at 71 Times in 69 Posts
Mach has much to be proud ofMach has much to be proud ofMach has much to be proud ofMach has much to be proud ofMach has much to be proud ofMach has much to be proud ofMach has much to be proud ofMach has much to be proud ofMach has much to be proud ofMach has much to be proud of

he was a buyout. And, Jussi, oh dear. I liked him a while ago, but he's slowed down, and doesn't do much on D.
Old 07-06-2017, 08:40 PM

Groans: 4
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
IBleedBlackNGold has a spectacular aura aboutIBleedBlackNGold has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach View Post
he was a buyout. And, Jussi, oh dear. I liked him a while ago, but he's slowed down, and doesn't do much on D.
I hear you, but even on the 3rd line? He was very productive before this past season, surprisingly productive. I know we are looking for more D from our 3rd line Center but still I find his offensive production relevant
Old 07-06-2017, 09:51 PM
'13 Mock Draft Winner, '13, '14, '15, '16 Pick Em Winner & the Straw that Stirs the Drink

Mach has much to be proud ofMach has much to be proud ofMach has much to be proud ofMach has much to be proud ofMach has much to be proud ofMach has much to be proud ofMach has much to be proud ofMach has much to be proud ofMach has much to be proud ofMach has much to be proud of

think it was more token productive guy on bad team.

I wouldn't be opposed to him on his merits, but the fit is pretty awful. It's like saying we need another WR, so let's draft a CB.

Yeah, he's better than in house options, and pretty much every other UFA, but, he's better off as a winger, and a scoring line player.

Fansided is pretty trash, but this matches what a couple of my friends have seen as well: A guy with poor conditioning slowing down. http://therattrick.com/2017/05/06/fl...ining-quickly/

I also think JR doesn't like him. Traded him when they were in CAR, and then didn't re-sign him when they were both here.

He's probably a come back to if other options suck type. I doubt he's in demand. And don't forget, JR didn't trade for Bonino until July 28th 2 years ago. It's very likely we don't know his plans until after Sheary and Dumo are settled so we know exactly how much cap space we have.
Old 07-21-2017, 07:56 PM

IBleedBlackNGold has a spectacular aura aboutIBleedBlackNGold has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach View Post
think it was more token productive guy on bad team.

I wouldn't be opposed to him on his merits, but the fit is pretty awful. It's like saying we need another WR, so let's draft a CB.

Yeah, he's better than in house options, and pretty much every other UFA, but, he's better off as a winger, and a scoring line player.

Fansided is pretty trash, but this matches what a couple of my friends have seen as well: A guy with poor conditioning slowing down. http://therattrick.com/2017/05/06/fl...ining-quickly/

I also think JR doesn't like him. Traded him when they were in CAR, and then didn't re-sign him when they were both here.

He's probably a come back to if other options suck type. I doubt he's in demand. And don't forget, JR didn't trade for Bonino until July 28th 2 years ago. It's very likely we don't know his plans until after Sheary and Dumo are settled so we know exactly how much cap space we have.
Thanks for this good info. Especially the July 28 Bonino piece, that's certainly interesting. But one difference is that we had a good 3rd Center on the team already (Sutter) who we traded for Bonino, this time we got nothing at that spot and so it is a much higher need now than 2 years ago.
Old 07-21-2017, 08:29 PM

No, but we got good wingers now, so it balances in that regard.
Old 07-21-2017, 09:32 PM

True that. We have awesome wingers. I wonder if there is any chance at all, I know they definitely don't want to do this, but I wonder if there's any chance at all that they play Guentzel at 3rd line Center if we don't acquire someone between now and the start of the season. What do you think?
Old 07-21-2017, 09:38 PM

I don't think so for a myriad of reasons:

1. JR said that he has offers he likes, but he's waiting to see if players he likes more shake free

2. Guenztel is a smaller guy not great at FOs. He was a C in college, but that was about it.

3. They've been starving for wingers who can play with Sid. They've finally got a great match. They won't alter that for a short term patch.
Old 07-21-2017, 11:43 PM

I agree with #s 2 and 3. Didn't know about 1 and that's good to know. Also I read that Matt Duchene had won something like 62% of his FOs last year. I don't think his salary is an issue but what COL wants in return plus other teams want him
Old 07-21-2017, 11:59 PM

his salary is also an issue. JR said he's looking to spend around 2MM. I'm sure there's wiggle room, but how much?
Old 07-22-2017, 09:08 PM

I didn't know the $2 mil mark. I think Bonino was $1.9 last year so the number fits. Even though we have the cap space we aren't looking to spend, at least until we lock up Sheary amd Dumo like you mentioned