GM League  

Go Back   GM League > Forums > General Discussion Lounge

General Discussion Lounge A place to discuss things you come across on the web and for whatever thoughts come up

Old 05-14-2019, 06:28 PM

Thanked 2,678 Times in 2,050 Posts
Groans: 47
Groaned at 74 Times in 72 Posts
Hammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond repute

now this is what all the thors shouldve been. just destroying a bunch of shit, causing constant mayhem in a bunch of crazy worlds. and why is jeff goldblum so goddamn brilliant? ever since incredible hulk, which was terribly casted all the way around, theres been some brilliant choices across the board, in terms of side characters. jeff bridges, michael pena, martin freeman, michael keaton... and now jeff goldblum. not taking anything away from cate blanchett, she was great in her role as well. anyway, ragnarok was brilliant. this was one of the few ive seen before this journey, and it lived up again. the hulk popping up as the grand master champion was awesome. everything on sicar was downright superb. loki is still tremendously played. the battle on the bifrost bridge was marvelous. just a damn near perfect and entertaining movie. plus that whole, idris elba wielding a sword rule. and the little touch when hela sees the infinity gauntlet... "fake!" nice. and of course, the lead right in to the opening scene of infinity war. perfect.

1. guardians 1
2. ragnarok
3. avengers 1
4. winter soldier
5. iron man 1
6. civil war
7. captain america 1
8. spiderman
9. guardians 2
10. black panther
11. ant-man
12. captain marvel
13. doctor strange
14. ultron
15. thor 1
16. iron man 2
17. iron man 3
18. incredible hulk
19. thor 2
indecisivepizza (05-14-2019), jalexjsmithj (05-14-2019)
Old 05-14-2019, 09:57 PM

Hammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond repute

"i wish you good luck and farewell, morons." this thanos guy has some brilliant ideas, i gotta admit. id vote for him for president, and take my chances that im on the right end of the 50 percent. joking aside, of course this movie was brilliant. take every damn character, focus on the best and throw them together. it couldnt have been less than great. and more importantly, the bad guy won! the quill, iron man, batista, spiderman and strange stable was quite awesome. i dont feel like a lot needs to be said about this one, this was an entertaining super bowl, that we paused at half time. 1st half mvp voting... 1. thanos, 2. thor, everyone else stinks. and now our half time entertainment... ant-man and wasp!

1. guardians 1
2. ragnarok
3. infinity war
4. avengers 1
5. winter soldier
6. iron man 1
7. civil war
8. captain america 1
9. spiderman
10. guardians 2
11. black panther
12. ant-man
13. captain marvel
14. doctor strange
15. ultron
16. thor 1
17. iron man 2
18. iron man 3
19. incredible hulk
20. thor 2
Old 05-14-2019, 10:02 PM
Member of the 2020 GML Board of Directors

Thanked 2,220 Times in 1,545 Posts
Groans: 4
Groaned at 76 Times in 70 Posts
Keller M. Whitlock has a reputation beyond reputeKeller M. Whitlock has a reputation beyond reputeKeller M. Whitlock has a reputation beyond reputeKeller M. Whitlock has a reputation beyond reputeKeller M. Whitlock has a reputation beyond reputeKeller M. Whitlock has a reputation beyond reputeKeller M. Whitlock has a reputation beyond reputeKeller M. Whitlock has a reputation beyond reputeKeller M. Whitlock has a reputation beyond reputeKeller M. Whitlock has a reputation beyond reputeKeller M. Whitlock has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
"i wish you good luck and farewell, morons." this thanos guy has some brilliant ideas, i gotta admit. id vote for him for president, and take my chances that im on the right end of the 50 percent. joking aside, of course this movie was brilliant. take every damn character, focus on the best and throw them together. it couldnt have been less than great. and more importantly, the bad guy won! the quill, iron man, batista, spiderman and strange stable was quite awesome. i dont feel like a lot needs to be said about this one, this was an entertaining super bowl, that we paused at half time. 1st half mvp voting... 1. thanos, 2. thor, everyone else stinks. and now our half time entertainment... ant-man and wasp!

1. guardians 1
2. ragnarok
3. infinity war
4. avengers 1
5. winter soldier
6. iron man 1
7. civil war
8. captain america 1
9. spiderman
10. guardians 2
11. black panther
12. ant-man
13. captain marvel
14. doctor strange
15. ultron
16. thor 1
17. iron man 2
18. iron man 3
19. incredible hulk
20. thor 2
Going through all the MCU movies, did you get more of a pay off with Infinity War?
Old 05-14-2019, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keller M. Whitlock View Post
Going through all the MCU movies, did you get more of a pay off with Infinity War?
oh yea definitely. i kinda wish i hadnt watched it before honestly. the only mcu movie i had seen before infinity war was the first guardians. so i was more or less unfamiliar with everything, even though i knew most of the characters just based on commercials and trailers and what not. which is kinda why i started this in the first place, before i watched endgame. even though i know the spoilers, seeing it visually and everything leading up to the moment(s) should be more powerful... or something. i should have more of a care, at least.
Old 05-14-2019, 10:18 PM

Keller M. Whitlock has a reputation beyond reputeKeller M. Whitlock has a reputation beyond reputeKeller M. Whitlock has a reputation beyond reputeKeller M. Whitlock has a reputation beyond reputeKeller M. Whitlock has a reputation beyond reputeKeller M. Whitlock has a reputation beyond reputeKeller M. Whitlock has a reputation beyond reputeKeller M. Whitlock has a reputation beyond reputeKeller M. Whitlock has a reputation beyond reputeKeller M. Whitlock has a reputation beyond reputeKeller M. Whitlock has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
oh yea definitely. i kinda wish i hadnt watched it before honestly. the only mcu movie i had seen before infinity war was the first guardians. so i was more or less unfamiliar with everything, even though i knew most of the characters just based on commercials and trailers and what not. which is kinda why i started this in the first place, before i watched endgame. even though i know the spoilers, seeing it visually and everything leading up to the moment(s) should be more powerful... or something. i should have more of a care, at least.
Regardless of the spoilers for End Game, I think going through all the movies is going to make it worth it. You'll get the full experience of the payoff while watching it like most of us that were fans of the comics, and the ones who invested 21 movies into it.

I've even heard those that didn't really watch the MCU movies were still hit with some of the weight of it throughout the movie.
Old 05-15-2019, 12:00 PM

yea ant-man and wasp was pretty terrible. i suppose it at least advanced the story by explaining the quantum realm a little bit, but still overall pretty lame. the closing scene was the only scene needed in the entire movie.

1. guardians 1
2. ragnarok
3. infinity war
4. avengers 1
5. winter soldier
6. iron man 1
7. civil war
8. captain america 1
9. spiderman
10. guardians 2
11. black panther
12. ant-man
13. captain marvel
14. doctor strange
15. ultron
16. thor 1
17. iron man 2
18. iron man 3
19. incredible hulk
20. ant-man and wasp
21. thor 2
Old 05-15-2019, 01:49 PM

Quote:
yea ant-man and wasp was pretty terrible. i suppose it at least advanced the story by explaining the quantum realm a little bit, but still overall pretty lame. the closing scene was the only scene needed in the entire movie.

1. guardians 1
2. ragnarok
3. infinity war
4. avengers 1
5. winter soldier
6. iron man 1
7. civil war
8. captain america 1
9. spiderman
10. guardians 2
11. black panther
12. ant-man
13. captain marvel
14. doctor strange
15. ultron
16. thor 1
17. iron man 2
18. iron man 3
19. incredible hulk
20. ant-man and wasp
21. thor 2
Now, it's time for you to spoil yourself with a nice IMax experience for the big payoff.
The Following User Says Thank You to Keller M. Whitlock For This Useful Post:
jalexjsmithj (05-15-2019)
Old 05-15-2019, 01:54 PM

Groaned at 12 Times in 12 Posts
jalexjsmithj is a splendid one to beholdjalexjsmithj is a splendid one to beholdjalexjsmithj is a splendid one to beholdjalexjsmithj is a splendid one to beholdjalexjsmithj is a splendid one to beholdjalexjsmithj is a splendid one to beholdjalexjsmithj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

1. guardians 1
2. ragnarok
3. infinity war
4. avengers 1
5. winter soldier
6. iron man 1
7. civil war
8. captain america 1
9. spiderman
10. guardians 2
11. black panther
12. ant-man
13. captain marvel
14. doctor strange
15. ultron
16. thor 1
17. iron man 2
18. iron man 3
19. incredible hulk
20. ant-man and wasp
21. thor 2

You made it. You started at the bottom now you’re here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-15-2019, 04:25 PM
Bungals co-GM

Groans: 3
Groaned at 19 Times in 19 Posts
GridIronKing34 is a name known to allGridIronKing34 is a name known to allGridIronKing34 is a name known to allGridIronKing34 is a name known to allGridIronKing34 is a name known to allGridIronKing34 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keller M. Whitlock View Post
Now, it's time for you to spoil yourself with a nice IMax experience for the big payoff.
imax is so overrated.
Old 05-15-2019, 04:26 PM

alright. i will openly say that maybe im not that comic book person, so the whole quantum realm and going back in time was kinda silly to me. i dont have any better ideas how they couldve pulled this off without it, i just thought it was silly. that being said... tremendous movie. the final battle was off the charts amazing. tony, the guy all the way back who was told "youre not the type to make the sacrifice play", ended up being the mvp of the whole goddamn thing. fat thor was great, though i hated half bruce-half hulk hulk. cap being able to use the hammer was naturally fitting. and it absolutely ended the way it shouldve. im assuming guardians 3 will be mainly about finding gamora, i dont suppose she actually turned to ash. and hopefully they keep fat thor as a teammate, because that should be downright glorious. and the onion in my room popped up one more time for old cap, and him handing the shield over to sam. proper ending all the way around. and the only character they really killed off for future installments was iron man. so... money! great movie. that was a fun week and change. now back to my regular coma.

great:
1. guardians 1
2. ragnarok
3. endgame
4. infinity war
5. avengers 1
6. winter soldier
7. iron man 1
8. civil war

solid, rewatchable:
9. captain america 1
10. spiderman