GM League  

Go Back   GM League > Forums > GM League: 2018

Old 02-03-2018, 01:35 PM
'13 Mock Draft Winner, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17 Pick Em Winner & the Straw that Stirs the Drink

Thanked 2,040 Times in 1,382 Posts
Groans: 89
Groaned at 84 Times in 82 Posts
Mach has a brilliant futureMach has a brilliant futureMach has a brilliant futureMach has a brilliant futureMach has a brilliant futureMach has a brilliant futureMach has a brilliant futureMach has a brilliant futureMach has a brilliant futureMach has a brilliant futureMach has a brilliant future
Exclamation Change to league structure

Folks,

Effective immediately, schisno and I are essentially swapping roles. I can't keep up with the demands of being the head commish at this time, and I feel it's to the detriment of the league. Schisno will essentially be the lead on most things. I'll still be handling rosters and tags, and as it has been, will be a joint effort, but he's basically the COO now, and I'm the CFO.

As such, he will handle disputes and the like. For the old timers, he's basically taking Griddles spot, and I'm taking my old one again.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mach For This Useful Post:
Draven (02-06-2018), JasonBourne008 (02-03-2018), NYGAllDay521 (02-03-2018)
Old 02-03-2018, 01:42 PM
2017 schisno GM of the Year

Thanked 1,518 Times in 1,048 Posts
Groans: 3
Groaned at 63 Times in 61 Posts
Brown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud of

Old 02-03-2018, 01:43 PM

Thanked 2,003 Times in 1,501 Posts
Groans: 45
Groaned at 69 Times in 67 Posts
Hammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant future

(aka, when all of you hooligans start getting out of hand, schisno will hand out swift and blinding justice. otherwise, nothing changed)
Mach (02-03-2018)
Old 02-03-2018, 01:48 PM
'13 Mock Draft Winner, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17 Pick Em Winner & the Straw that Stirs the Drink

Thanked 2,040 Times in 1,382 Posts
Groans: 89
Groaned at 84 Times in 82 Posts
Mach has a brilliant futureMach has a brilliant futureMach has a brilliant futureMach has a brilliant futureMach has a brilliant futureMach has a brilliant futureMach has a brilliant futureMach has a brilliant futureMach has a brilliant futureMach has a brilliant futureMach has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
(aka, when all of you hooligans start getting out of hand, schisno will hand out swift and blinding justice. otherwise, nothing changed)
this is basically correct. I don't have time to deal with unforseen circumstances, so the man who mastered them will do so. Schisno is/was the quality control of the league.

I'll handle everything else.
Old 02-03-2018, 01:50 PM
2017 schisno GM of the Year

Thanked 1,518 Times in 1,048 Posts
Groans: 3
Groaned at 63 Times in 61 Posts
Brown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud of

All kidding aside,

I welcome the responsibility of taking on the Commissioner role and moving beyond being more than just a voice and sounding board for decisions in the "offices". For the majority of my tenure in any GML, whether it be FH, TP, BS and SR/Fumblen I've solely offered advice and churned out "media" stuff related to the league.

I've always had some strong opinions about things, and whether they were heeded or not I still proceeded to operate the best I could, in the best interest of the league. Now that I've agreed to be the "Goodell" of the GML, I will remain without bias, and will listen to both sides of a conflict but I won't stand for any shenanigans either because frankly I've been making trouble longer than any Gish's, Todds or IBBGs.

I also don't want a round about argument full of 10 page essays over PM either. If a decision is made, it's going to stand and if it's at the point where you can't enjoy the game... ask yourself, how serious are you taking this and exactly how is it really impacting your life? Are you going to die if you don't get a draft pick? No you'll just end up having to figure out another way to go about your business.

TL;DR

I'll be fair. I'll listen to you. Don't be an idiot and don't cry over spilt milk.
Old 02-03-2018, 01:58 PM
Get used to disappointment

Groans: 31
Groaned at 33 Times in 30 Posts
Wmcgaheeiii is just really niceWmcgaheeiii is just really niceWmcgaheeiii is just really niceWmcgaheeiii is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown GM View Post
All kidding aside,

I welcome the responsibility of taking on the Commissioner role and moving beyond being more than just a voice and sounding board for decisions in the "offices". For the majority of my tenure in any GML, whether it be FH, TP, BS and SR/Fumblen I've solely offered advice and churned out "media" stuff related to the league.

I've always had some strong opinions about things, and whether they were heeded or not I still proceeded to operate the best I could, in the best interest of the league. Now that I've agreed to be the "Goodell" of the GML, I will remain without bias, and will listen to both sides of a conflict but I won't stand for any shenanigans either because frankly I've been making trouble longer than any Gish's, Todds or IBBGs.

I also don't want a round about argument full of 10 page essays over PM either. If a decision is made, it's going to stand and if it's at the point where you can't enjoy the game... ask yourself, how serious are you taking this and exactly how is it really impacting your life? Are you going to die if you don't get a draft pick? No you'll just end up having to figure out another way to go about your business.

TL;DR

I'll be fair. I'll listen to you. Don't be an idiot and don't cry over spilt milk.
Well now I don't mind you getting the Browns anymore
The Following User Says Thank You to Wmcgaheeiii For This Useful Post:
NFLRA (02-03-2018)
Old 02-03-2018, 04:45 PM

Groans: 41
Groaned at 17 Times in 12 Posts
NFLRA is a name known to allNFLRA is a name known to allNFLRA is a name known to allNFLRA is a name known to allNFLRA is a name known to allNFLRA is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmcgaheeiii View Post
Well now I don't mind you getting the Browns anymore
But, The browns have so many assets? How is shisno gunna manage the Browns and do all that extra work.

Shisno, I'm offering to take the Browns off your hand for the good of GML!
2015 Denver Broncos
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NFLRA For This Useful Post:
bdogtitan11 (02-03-2018), NYGAllDay521 (02-03-2018), Wmcgaheeiii (02-03-2018)
Old 02-10-2018, 02:20 PM
It's the Miami GM, y'all

Groans: 1
Groaned at 11 Times in 11 Posts
GridIronKing34 is a jewel in the roughGridIronKing34 is a jewel in the roughGridIronKing34 is a jewel in the roughGridIronKing34 is a jewel in the rough

I approve... he has more experience than anyone here with this stuff tbh.
The Following User Says Thank You to GridIronKing34 For This Useful Post:
PSG (02-10-2018)