GM League  

Go Back   GM League > Forums > Football > Fantasy Football

Old 08-27-2017, 08:28 PM

Thanked 2,003 Times in 1,501 Posts
Groans: 45
Groaned at 69 Times in 67 Posts
Hammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant future
Default my fantasy rosters, who you are required to root for this year!

8 team, $120, i picked 3rd... 2 rb, 2 wr, 1 flex

qb: jameis (13th)
rb: leveon (1st), cook (5th), gore (8th), kareem the dream (11th), prosise (12th), charles (14th), perine (udfa)
wr: m. thomas (2nd), hilton (3rd), dropkins (4th), landroid (6th), davante (7th)
te: eifert (10th)
d: broncos (15th)
k: vinatieri (16th)

this draft was saturday the 19th. thus the value on kareem hunt. also the round missing, the 9th, was indeed spencer ware. i dropped him and picked up perine. i hate 8 team leagues, this was one i wanted to drop as well, but they couldnt find a replacement... so i begrudgingly did it.

12 team, $150 redraft, i split this team with a friend... i told him i only wanted to do the draft, he handles the lineups on sunday... we picked 6th. 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 flex

qb: rivers (12th)
rb: lynch (2nd), cook (4th), hunt (trade), perine (8th), bilal (10th), martin (11th), kamara (13th), foreman (14th)
wr: yakuza (1st), hopkins (trade), crowder (6th), decker (7th), diggs (9th)
te: njoku (udfa)
d: falcons (16th)
k: lutz (17th)

so yakuza brown fell to us at 6. somebody took zeke 3rd, and devonta freeman 5th. we ran to the board at 6. this was an interesting one, ive never split a team before, and it almost didnt go very well. hes a big decker fan... i am not. but i caved, and let him take decker in the 7th, ahead of kareem hunt. on the way back, spencer ware gets carted off the field... and the team right in front of us took kareem. the fury in my eyes was quite evident. so post draft, we ended up dealing christian mccaffrey and tyreek hill for deandre hopkins, kareem hunt and spencer ware... since we didnt know the extent on ware at the time. obviously we cut him, and he picked up njoku for some ungodly reason (the reason is, hes a hurricane fan). im gonna try to convince him to get fiedorowicz or something instead.

12 team, $150 keeper league, i picked 5th. 2 rb, 3 wr, 1 flex

qb: roethlisberger (13th)
rb: gurley (k-4th), freeman (k-5th), perine (6th), peterson (7th), bernard (9th), kamara (10th), smallwood (14th), conner (15th)
wr: odell (1st), dropkins (2nd), martavis (3rd), corey davis (8th), beasley (10th), mike williams (12th)
te: fiedorowicz (16th)
d: falcons (17th)
k: tbd... conner or smallwood will hit the chopping block

the values are skewed on some guys because of all the keepers. the entire 6th round besides me and one other guy were all keepers... and i think the majority of the 5th round was as well. you keep a guy for one round better than the year before (i had freeman in the 6th last year, he becomes a 5th this year), and if it was the 7th round or later, they are automatically 6ths.

second draft in a row where zeke elliott went 3rd overall. these guys are really banking on that suspension getting dropped. i went into the draft expecting to get aj green at 5... it turned into odell. im not complaining. martavis was a bit of a stretch in the 3rd, but i didnt have a 4th or 5th obviously... and the wr board was really weak at that point. benjamin, crabtree, diggs, marshall, watkins were the next names off the board. im a martavis guy, as you know, so i rolled the dice. and, for taking him in the first round last year... adrian peterson owes me! and then i just tried to hit a bunch of home runs with keepers... corey davis, kamara, mike williams, smallwood, conner.

for the sake of clarity, the keepers were
1st: mike evans
2nd: shady mccoy
3rd: aaron rodgers
4th: gurley
5th: dave johnson, allen robinson, freeman, kelce, brady, jordy
6th: mike thomas, jordan howard, davante adams, demarco murray, terrelle pryor, ty montgomery, tyreek hill, melvin gordon, isaiah crowell and robert kelley
Old 08-28-2017, 01:11 AM
2016 & 2017 Mach Draft Contest Winner

Thanked 2,183 Times in 1,712 Posts
Groans: 167
Groaned at 124 Times in 119 Posts
Formerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond repute

Perine in the sixth?!? Did I miss a ton of news or something?

Also, Ben without a backup scares me with those H/R splits.
Old 08-28-2017, 05:28 AM

Hammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant future

he wouldn't have made it back. the guy I split a team with on friday had the 12/1 bounce back at the end of the round, and was gonna take him in the 7th. and I like the upside on perine better than that mark ingram, legarrette blount, terrance west tier of mediocre shit rbs.
Old 08-28-2017, 10:52 AM

Formerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond repute

I disagree completely on the upside. (I really need to do a full PPR rankings.) I'd rather take a flier on, say, Chris Carson in an overly crowded backfield than Perine as the #3 on a pass first team.

This is Buck Allen all over again, without the PPR value.
Old 08-28-2017, 10:53 AM

buck allen worked out that year.
Old 08-28-2017, 10:54 AM

and its no secret that perine will be the starter over fat rob sooner than later.
Old 08-28-2017, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
and its no secret that perine will be the starter over fat rob sooner than later.
It's a secret to me. Rob is better at running, better in pass pro, and Chris Thompson is the PPR back.

I don't get it.

Edit: Actually, name/Avatar bet on this? Lets put something on this.
Old 08-28-2017, 11:07 AM

yea sure. but what are the conditions exactly? that perine takes over the starting job at some point? a certain amount of yards?
Old 12-18-2017, 03:34 PM

so perine was better than kelley, what do i win?
Old 12-18-2017, 11:19 PM

Groans: 41
Groaned at 17 Times in 12 Posts
NFLRA is a name known to allNFLRA is a name known to allNFLRA is a name known to allNFLRA is a name known to allNFLRA is a name known to allNFLRA is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
so perine was better than kelley, what do i win?
The same prize that ppl who win GML get
2015 Denver Broncos