GM League  

Go Back   GM League > Forums > Football

Football NFL, NCAA, CFL, AFL, UFL, USFL, and even Fantasy Football, Pickem, Survivour, & Suicide games

Old 01-17-2018, 12:11 AM

Groans: 41
Groaned at 17 Times in 12 Posts
NFLRA is a name known to allNFLRA is a name known to allNFLRA is a name known to allNFLRA is a name known to allNFLRA is a name known to allNFLRA is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown GM View Post
Would you fire Mike McCarthy with the way he's wasted Aaron Rodgers?

I would.
This Bears fan really hates McCarthy and Rodgers, and would hire either of them...
2015 Denver Broncos
Old 01-17-2018, 12:58 AM
2017 schisno GM of the Year

Thanked 1,518 Times in 1,048 Posts
Groans: 3
Groaned at 63 Times in 61 Posts
Brown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedBlackNGold View Post
Good question. Admittedly I haven't looked at this with a fine-tooth comb the way I have with the Steelers, but I can tell you that an elite quarterback can make an average coach look good. Here's the Packers result the past 8 seasons (DR = Divisional Round Exit, WC = Wild Card Round Exit, NFCCG = NFC Championship Game Exit):

2010 Super Bowl victory
2011 DR 1 seed
2012 DR 3 seed
2013 WC 4 seed
2014 NFCCG 2 seed
2015 DR 5 seed
2016 NFCCG 4 seed
2017 missed playoffs (Rodgers only had 7 starts)

I could see firing him after the 2013 season, but I think it's tough to fire him now having gone to 2 of the previous 3 NFCCGs when Rodgers was healthy. I'd be taking a very close look at that moving forward though. You've probably paid more attention to it than me, where do you feel that McCarthy has underachieved?
I'm just looking at Tomlin in a similar situation... but it's not like I wanted to open the can of worms of Tomlin vs Cowher.
Old 01-17-2018, 01:07 AM

Groans: 4
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts
IBleedBlackNGold is a jewel in the roughIBleedBlackNGold is a jewel in the roughIBleedBlackNGold is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I'm just looking at Tomlin in a similar situation... but it's not like I wanted to open the can of worms of Tomlin vs Cowher.
Makes sense. Cowher was a very good coach, but I wouldn't want him back either. I would base some decisions around making Ben happy
Old 01-17-2018, 12:29 PM

Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
jalexjsmithj is a glorious beacon of lightjalexjsmithj is a glorious beacon of lightjalexjsmithj is a glorious beacon of lightjalexjsmithj is a glorious beacon of lightjalexjsmithj is a glorious beacon of lightjalexjsmithj is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLRA View Post
This Bears fan really hates McCarthy and Rodgers, and would hire either of them...

Nah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-17-2018, 01:09 PM

Brown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedBlackNGold View Post
Makes sense. Cowher was a very good coach, but I wouldn't want him back either. I would base some decisions around making Ben happy
I'm not saying, what him back... but I don't know if fans were as adamant about dumping him when he lost to the Titans in the Divisional game in 2002 then 6-10 and missed the playoffs in 2003.

It was a sloppy start for the Steelers against the Jags, but that team was similar in ways to the one that Cowher finally won a SB with... power running game (Bus - Fournette) and strong defenses that didn't require too much of the QB.

Whereas Ben isn't the same QB he use to be, and Haley really hasn't used Bell that effectively. What if NE got by Jake Plummer and the Broncos in 2005... maybe Cowher would still be 0-1 in the SB.
Old 01-17-2018, 10:38 PM

Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts
IBleedBlackNGold is a jewel in the roughIBleedBlackNGold is a jewel in the roughIBleedBlackNGold is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I'm not saying, what him back... but I don't know if fans were as adamant about dumping him when he lost to the Titans in the Divisional game in 2002 then 6-10 and missed the playoffs in 2003.

It was a sloppy start for the Steelers against the Jags, but that team was similar in ways to the one that Cowher finally won a SB with... power running game (Bus - Fournette) and strong defenses that didn't require too much of the QB.

Whereas Ben isn't the same QB he use to be, and Haley really hasn't used Bell that effectively. What if NE got by Jake Plummer and the Broncos in 2005... maybe Cowher would still be 0-1 in the SB.
Agree with all this, and yes I always noticed that all 3 SBs we went to from 2005-2010 we never played NE. We usually beat every other team
Old 01-18-2018, 01:32 PM

Groans: 41
Groaned at 17 Times in 12 Posts
NFLRA is a name known to allNFLRA is a name known to allNFLRA is a name known to allNFLRA is a name known to allNFLRA is a name known to allNFLRA is a name known to all

What should the title of this week's thread be?

Its gotta include bortles some how
2015 Denver Broncos
Old 01-18-2018, 01:34 PM

Bottles tries his best Trent Dilfer
Old 01-18-2018, 07:56 PM

Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
jalexjsmithj is a glorious beacon of lightjalexjsmithj is a glorious beacon of lightjalexjsmithj is a glorious beacon of lightjalexjsmithj is a glorious beacon of lightjalexjsmithj is a glorious beacon of lightjalexjsmithj is a glorious beacon of light
Default 2018 Division Playoff Round: Mariota's Football Foleys

Bortles and Brady combine for 5 Super Bowls and 4 MVPs

Stolen from one of the Bortles twitter accounts

It's kinda long though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to jalexjsmithj For This Useful Post:
NFLRA (01-18-2018)
Old 01-19-2018, 03:20 AM

Thanked 2,003 Times in 1,501 Posts
Groans: 45
Groaned at 69 Times in 67 Posts
Hammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant future

blake about to make it foxbortles