GM League  

Go Back   GM League > Forums > Other Sports

Other Sports All the other stuff not covered. Also includes Fantasy Baseball & Fantasy Hockey

Old 02-27-2016, 08:04 PM
2017 schisno GM of the Year

Thanked 1,157 Times in 810 Posts
Groans: 3
Groaned at 51 Times in 49 Posts
Brown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud of

I'd still not give the mittens by Bisping that round, and I'd go 10-8 for that knee in the third.

There's not much in the UFC these days holding my attention. Jones vs DC II, and Holm vs Tate then we'll see where I'm at. Punk loses his only fight eventually.
Old 02-27-2016, 08:11 PM

Thanked 1,483 Times in 1,176 Posts
Groans: 43
Groaned at 65 Times in 63 Posts
Hammer has much to be proud ofHammer has much to be proud ofHammer has much to be proud ofHammer has much to be proud ofHammer has much to be proud ofHammer has much to be proud ofHammer has much to be proud ofHammer has much to be proud ofHammer has much to be proud ofHammer has much to be proud of

i wouldnt be surprised if punk never even fought, honestly. but yea, if he fights gall, he loses. i still watch the sport, but im not die hard invested in it anymore. i happened to wake up at 3:50 today, so i put the main card on, but if i had slept through it, id have just read the results and found the good fights later. which really, only the 1st round of pickett/rivera, and the entire silva/bisping fight, were worth watching on the main card. mousasi picked apart leites, it was a clinic, but it wasnt a very entertaining clinic.
Old 02-27-2016, 08:27 PM

Brown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud of

I know, the golden age has long gone and there aren't guys that will dominate for 5+ years in this new batch and the young guys get overhyped.
Old 02-27-2016, 08:43 PM

Groans: 11
Groaned at 4 Times in 4 Posts
Valuefootball will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browns GM View Post
I know, the golden age has long gone and there aren't guys that will dominate for 5+ years in this new batch and the young guys get overhyped.
Just like so many guys in the draft. Good luck to the one drafting "Bismarck".....He suck. And I really mean suck...
Old 02-27-2016, 08:48 PM

I do enjoy Stephen Thompson though, I think he's currently my favourite fighter so I hope he goes on a lengthy tear.

Sage Northcutt is young but dude reminds me of a bad Canadian Pop Band B4-4...

SAGE NORTHCUTT

vs

B4-4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqRbpKDB5Zg
Old 04-16-2016, 05:44 PM

Hammer has much to be proud ofHammer has much to be proud ofHammer has much to be proud ofHammer has much to be proud ofHammer has much to be proud ofHammer has much to be proud ofHammer has much to be proud ofHammer has much to be proud ofHammer has much to be proud ofHammer has much to be proud of

whats more of a guarantee... the sun rising every morning, or every time joe rogan says "hes in a lot of trouble here!", the guy escapes the submission within 4 seconds?
Old 04-16-2016, 05:57 PM

great reffing by miragliotta, in comparison to the past couple cards. akhmedov only ate like 25 unanswered and unprotected shots, as opposed to the 8000 lombard ate vs magny two cards back. good job dan!
Old 08-01-2016, 12:11 AM

So with The Chose One winning the Welterweight title last night the UFC has had 7 title changes in the past year, which is a big deal for a lot of people apparently but I think it has to do with the quality of the fighters.

Holly Holm went out and destroyed Rousey, but then dropped it to Tate in a fight she was winning, because you know... last minute subs and everything. Once Tate won it, I knew she'd be a one and done champion. Other than Rousey or Cyborg and Joanna Champion, I think most women's MMA right now is shallow.

The Middleweight division can be argued as being shallow as well, once Silva's reign was done I didn't think there was an elite champion in the division. Weidman is good, but he was never going to go on the same streak Silva had. Bisping may very well drop it to Henderson and the hot potatoing will go on.

I think it's just to be expected. As soon as Cormier meets a guy he can't take down with good striking, he's going to let the title slip.
Old 08-01-2016, 10:03 AM
2016 & 2017 Mach Draft Contest Winner

Thanked 2,175 Times in 1,706 Posts
Groans: 164
Groaned at 124 Times in 119 Posts
Witlon has a reputation beyond reputeWitlon has a reputation beyond reputeWitlon has a reputation beyond reputeWitlon has a reputation beyond reputeWitlon has a reputation beyond reputeWitlon has a reputation beyond reputeWitlon has a reputation beyond reputeWitlon has a reputation beyond reputeWitlon has a reputation beyond reputeWitlon has a reputation beyond reputeWitlon has a reputation beyond repute

Who cares about all that shit?!? We have this!

Old 08-01-2016, 10:33 AM

'Til he pulls out of the fight with an injury.