GM League  

Go Back   GM League > Forums > GM League: 2018

Old 12-05-2018, 11:04 PM
2016 & 2017 Mach Draft Contest Winner

Thanked 2,678 Times in 2,154 Posts
Groans: 178
Groaned at 126 Times in 121 Posts
Formerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond repute

Of course Schisno would be the one that cares about deflating balls...
Old 12-08-2018, 07:35 AM

Groans: 4
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts
IBleedBlackNGold is a jewel in the roughIBleedBlackNGold is a jewel in the roughIBleedBlackNGold is a jewel in the rough

Now 6 weeks from this upcoming Monday (Dec 10)

How did everyone in the NFL miss on Phillip Lindsay? Mad props to Griddles for taking him 6.206 in GML

Last edited by IBleedBlackNGold; 12-08-2018 at 07:40 AM.
Old 12-08-2018, 09:30 AM
2017 schisno GM of the Year

Thanked 1,573 Times in 1,094 Posts
Groans: 3
Groaned at 66 Times in 64 Posts
Brown GM has a brilliant futureBrown GM has a brilliant futureBrown GM has a brilliant futureBrown GM has a brilliant futureBrown GM has a brilliant futureBrown GM has a brilliant futureBrown GM has a brilliant futureBrown GM has a brilliant futureBrown GM has a brilliant futureBrown GM has a brilliant futureBrown GM has a brilliant future

He went undrafted in the NFL, and the Broncos are known for having random 1,000 yard RBs.

It's like how people miss on Arian Foster and Adam Thielen, they weren't blue chip prospects and you hope what skills you saw, translate well and they are given the opportunity to play.
Old 12-08-2018, 06:28 PM

IBleedBlackNGold is a jewel in the roughIBleedBlackNGold is a jewel in the roughIBleedBlackNGold is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown GM View Post
He went undrafted in the NFL, and the Broncos are known for having random 1,000 yard RBs.

It's like how people miss on Arian Foster and Adam Thielen, they weren't blue chip prospects and you hope what skills you saw, translate well and they are given the opportunity to play.
I agree with all of that, but those random 1,000 yard Bronco RBs were all under Shanahan until Lindsay I believe. It's a bit shocking that he's as good as he is for being an undrafted rookie. Thielen didn't become good until his 4th season and Foster his 2nd season.
Old 12-08-2018, 08:43 PM

Groans: 10
Sloup is just really niceSloup is just really niceSloup is just really niceSloup is just really niceSloup is just really nice

CJ Anderson? Knowshon Moreno? Willis McGahee?

2016 Saints
2017 Seahawks
2018 Jets
The Following User Says Thank You to Sloup For This Useful Post:
IBleedBlackNGold (12-11-2018)
Old 12-08-2018, 09:17 PM
2016 & 2017 Mach Draft Contest Winner

Thanked 2,678 Times in 2,154 Posts
Groans: 178
Groaned at 126 Times in 121 Posts
Formerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of the credit for Lindsey goes to the blocking though. I think the number is 4.7 yards BEFORE contact. On any other team, he's probably not as successful.

Also, Royce Freeman, who was supposed to be 'the guy' is facing a higher average of boxes than any RB in the league this season. (Something crazy high like 7.5+ per rush.)
Old 12-08-2018, 10:24 PM
2017 schisno GM of the Year

Thanked 1,573 Times in 1,094 Posts
Groans: 3
Groaned at 66 Times in 64 Posts
Brown GM has a brilliant futureBrown GM has a brilliant futureBrown GM has a brilliant futureBrown GM has a brilliant futureBrown GM has a brilliant futureBrown GM has a brilliant futureBrown GM has a brilliant futureBrown GM has a brilliant futureBrown GM has a brilliant futureBrown GM has a brilliant futureBrown GM has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedBlackNGold View Post
I agree with all of that, but those random 1,000 yard Bronco RBs were all under Shanahan until Lindsay I believe. It's a bit shocking that he's as good as he is for being an undrafted rookie. Thielen didn't become good until his 4th season and Foster his 2nd season.
Once again it comes to opportunity. Foster was behind Chris Brown his first year and Thielen almost had 1000 yards starting 10 games his 3rd year.
Old 12-10-2018, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloup View Post
CJ Anderson? Knowshon Moreno? Willis McGahee?
I agree about CJ Anderson, I overlooked him, but Moreno and McGahee were 1st round picks so I don't think they'd fall under the category of random 1,000 yard Bronco RBs
The Following User Says Thank You to IBleedBlackNGold For This Useful Post:
Sloup (12-10-2018)
Old 12-10-2018, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Known View Post
A lot of the credit for Lindsey goes to the blocking though. I think the number is 4.7 yards BEFORE contact. On any other team, he's probably not as successful.

Also, Royce Freeman, who was supposed to be 'the guy' is facing a higher average of boxes than any RB in the league this season. (Something crazy high like 7.5+ per rush.)
If that number is truly 4.7 yards before contact, then that majorly changes my perception. Thanks for the good data.
Old 12-10-2018, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown GM View Post
Once again it comes to opportunity. Foster was behind Chris Brown his first year and Thielen almost had 1000 yards starting 10 games his 3rd year.
Yep I agree. I don't know why I overlooked that Thielen's 3rd season was his breakout one not his 4th.