GM League  

Go Back   GM League > Forums > GM League: 2017 > 2017 Free Agency

Old 04-01-2017, 06:03 PM

Groans: 2
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
Prettyflacco is a jewel in the roughPrettyflacco is a jewel in the roughPrettyflacco is a jewel in the roughPrettyflacco is a jewel in the rough

Brandon Carr was a nice get for $5m I believe given how quality CBs come at such a premium in GML

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
IBleedBlackNGold (04-01-2017)
Old 04-01-2017, 06:35 PM

Groans: 4
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
IBleedBlackNGold has a spectacular aura aboutIBleedBlackNGold has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettyflacco View Post
Brandon Carr was a nice get for $5m I believe given how quality CBs come at such a premium in GML

Good signing, yes. But your signing of Torrey Smith for $950K was ridiculous given what he signed with the Eagles for (like 5x). I was extremely close to bidding $1,050,000 on him but already had 6 WRs. In hindsight I should have and then June-1sted DHB. I made no June 1st cuts
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IBleedBlackNGold For This Useful Post:
jalexjsmithj (04-01-2017), Prettyflacco (04-01-2017)
Old 04-01-2017, 06:36 PM

IBleedBlackNGold has a spectacular aura aboutIBleedBlackNGold has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedBlackNGold View Post
Good signing, yes. But your signing of Torrey Smith for $950K was ridiculous given what he signed with the Eagles for (like 5x). I was extremely close to bidding $1,050,000 on him but already had 6 WRs. In hindsight I should have and then June-1sted DHB. I made no June 1st cuts
But a big part of DHB's value to the Steelers is that he's a special teams ace. That's value-added over Smith, but Smith is definitely a better WR
Old 04-01-2017, 08:22 PM

Prettyflacco is a jewel in the roughPrettyflacco is a jewel in the roughPrettyflacco is a jewel in the roughPrettyflacco is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Thanks man I was very happy to add him for that cheap-- one of the league leaders in drawing dpi with the Ravens, I think luck could really find ways to make defenses pay with Torrey
IBleedBlackNGold (04-01-2017)
Old 04-01-2017, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettyflacco View Post
Thanks man I was very happy to add him for that cheap-- one of the league leaders in drawing dpi with the Ravens, I think luck could really find ways to make defenses pay with Torrey
You're welcome and I agree. I shoulda bid damnit. And Leodis McKelvin is excellent at 540k as well. I think both of these players were majorly undervalued in this league mostly because their original GM cut them early on, especially in the case of Smith
Old 04-02-2017, 05:49 PM

Yeah I think there's kind of a stigma around guys that get cut early, and that sort of congeals into a conventional wisdom

IBleedBlackNGold (04-02-2017)
Old 04-02-2017, 06:55 PM
2016 GML Dynasty Champion

Groans: 14
Groaned at 13 Times in 12 Posts
indecisivepizza is a glorious beacon of lightindecisivepizza is a glorious beacon of lightindecisivepizza is a glorious beacon of lightindecisivepizza is a glorious beacon of lightindecisivepizza is a glorious beacon of lightindecisivepizza is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
You're welcome and I agree. I shoulda bid damnit. And Leodis McKelvin is excellent at 540k as well. I think both of these players were majorly undervalued in this league mostly because their original GM cut them early on, especially in the case of Smith
I had Leodis early on; figure he's a very good CB 4 in a deep system, and for the price you can't go wrong. But you do worry about him falling off a cliff at 32, and in my case I fell into Brice, making him superfluous. But I think he's a good, but not great pickup for a team in need.
Old 04-02-2017, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indecisivepizza View Post
I had Leodis early on; figure he's a very good CB 4 in a deep system, and for the price you can't go wrong. But you do worry about him falling off a cliff at 32, and in my case I fell into Brice, making him superfluous. But I think he's a good, but not great pickup for a team in need.
I agree having that concern, but he's still 31 and was CB2 for the Eagles last season (started 12 of the 13 games he played in), so I don't know if CB4 is accurate. You def can't go wrong for 540k if you have a roster spot available
Old 04-02-2017, 07:03 PM

Groans: 0
Groaned at 11 Times in 11 Posts
Foamfrontmeshback is just really niceFoamfrontmeshback is just really niceFoamfrontmeshback is just really niceFoamfrontmeshback is just really niceFoamfrontmeshback is just really nice

Korey toomer for 650k is a crime.
Josh Bynes went for 540k I believe, steal.
I quit bidding on John Simon at 4 mil ish, he went around there Irl too, he reminds me of clay Matthews.
I may have a linebacker obsession. Fuckin bears.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Foamfrontmeshback For This Useful Post:
bdogtitan11 (04-02-2017), IBleedBlackNGold (04-16-2017)