GM League  

Go Back   GM League > Forums > Football > Fantasy Football

Old 09-04-2016, 12:19 AM

Groans: 6
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts
Victvm is just really niceVictvm is just really niceVictvm is just really niceVictvm is just really nice

um, how drunk was the guy who drafted Brandon Marshall #3 overall? Are you fleecing these people for cash?

if yes to question #2, can I play next year?
Old 09-04-2016, 12:32 AM

Thanked 1,483 Times in 1,176 Posts
Groans: 43
Groaned at 65 Times in 63 Posts
Hammer has much to be proud ofHammer has much to be proud ofHammer has much to be proud ofHammer has much to be proud ofHammer has much to be proud ofHammer has much to be proud ofHammer has much to be proud ofHammer has much to be proud ofHammer has much to be proud ofHammer has much to be proud of

i mean, the guy who took marshall 3rd, is a big time jet fan. which should already give off red flags that hes a total moron, admittedly. but he went overboard, he ended up getting decker, fitzpatrick and ivory too [i know ivory is no longer a jet, thanks]. there were two raiders fans, and between them, they took cooper, carr and warford on one team, and crabtree, jano and the defense on the other. i was stunned that the giant fans didnt go crazy... odell, eli, jennings and vereen were the only draftees that i remember.

my honest opinion, these are guys that watch the occasional football game, have a couple guys they like, and then try to have a friendly fantasy league with each other. to that point, i guess im fleecing them? but thats not my intention at all, they are legitimately guys id sit around and bullshit with every day, when i was working up in the bronx. i may just drop this league next year... honestly, i wouldve dropped it this year, but once they said live draft, i was in. i cant turn down a live draft.
Old 09-04-2016, 12:49 AM

Groans: 1
Groaned at 1 Time in 1 Post
dgfred will become famous soon enoughdgfred will become famous soon enough

That is usually my downfall... picking guys I like over more talented players. I try to do it with what little smarts I have tho.
Old 09-06-2016, 12:58 AM

Groans: 39
Groaned at 17 Times in 12 Posts
NFLRA is a glorious beacon of lightNFLRA is a glorious beacon of lightNFLRA is a glorious beacon of lightNFLRA is a glorious beacon of lightNFLRA is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
i mean, the guy who took marshall 3rd, is a big time jet fan. which should already give off red flags that hes a total moron, admittedly. but he went overboard, he ended up getting decker, fitzpatrick and ivory too [i know ivory is no longer a jet, thanks]. there were two raiders fans, and between them, they took cooper, carr and warford on one team, and crabtree, jano and the defense on the other. i was stunned that the giant fans didnt go crazy... odell, eli, jennings and vereen were the only draftees that i remember.

my honest opinion, these are guys that watch the occasional football game, have a couple guys they like, and then try to have a friendly fantasy league with each other. to that point, i guess im fleecing them? but thats not my intention at all, they are legitimately guys id sit around and bullshit with every day, when i was working up in the bronx. i may just drop this league next year... honestly, i wouldve dropped it this year, but once they said live draft, i was in. i cant turn down a live draft.

I beat these people every year, my family (from chicago) has a place in central wisconsin, and every year we do a live draft with the locals. I think about 4 packers go in the first round in a 10 team league, (Jordy, Rodgers, Lacy and Cobb) and Matt Forte doesn't go till like the 4th round every year. Theres roster limits so I have to pick 2 QBs, 3 RBs, 3 WRs, 2TEs, 2 DEF, and 2 Kickers. Something about keeping competitive balance and talented an the waiver wire... which we dominate the waiver wire too. This year the team consists of:

QB Tom Brady, Tyrod Taylor
RB David Johnson, Lamar Miller, DeMarco Murray
WR Keenan Allen, Alshon Jeffery, Doug Baldwin
TE Greg Olson, Jared Cook
K McManus, Myers
DEF Kansas City, Baltimore