GM League  

Go Back   GM League > Forums > Football > Fantasy Football

Old 12-19-2017, 09:33 AM

Thanked 2,232 Times in 1,714 Posts
Groans: 46
Groaned at 72 Times in 70 Posts
Hammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLRA View Post
The same prize that ppl who win GML get
mach nudes! i already got plenty of them alas.
Old 08-29-2018, 11:03 PM

Hammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond reputeHammer has a reputation beyond repute

gronk spike! my keeper league draft was today... i picked 12th, the champ is here!

qb: wentz (11th)
rb: gurley (k-3rd), kamara (k-6th), michel (7th), foreman (9th), hines (13th), kelly (14th)
wr: aj green (1st), demaryius (4th), edelman (5th), agholor (8th), ridley (10th), enunwa (12th), allison (15th)
te: gronk (2nd)
d: ravens (16th)
k: bailey (17th)

yes yes, i know michel is too early. but any pick after the 6th round, if you choose to keep them, is a 6th rounder. so 7th, 8th, 9th, didnt matter. and the guy sandwiching me at 11/14, is a rookie keeper chaser as well. right in front of me he took rashaad penny, and he took 4 rookies total as well. im kinda meh on my rb depth... but im kinda meh on most of the rb situations this year anyway. i like foreman, since lamar miller is still lamar miller. i only took kelly for gurley protection, and hines is... eh. that colts offense looks baffling behind ty, so i took a flier. im sure his roster spot will be the one bounced if wentz cant go in week 1.

and yes i typically like to stream tes. but the wrs on the board when i took gronk were mike evans, ty hilton and amari cooper.... meh. id rather gronk. thus why i took him.

keepers were:
1st: lenny fournette (7th overall)
3rd: todd gurley
4th: devonta freeman, david johnson
5th: tyreek hill, jordan howard, derrick henry, melvin gordon, jerick mckinnon, davante adams, michael thomas
6th: chris carson, kenyan drake, deshaun watson, adam thielen, alex collins, josh gordon, alvin kamara
Old 08-30-2018, 12:30 PM
2016 & 2017 Mach Draft Contest Winner

Thanked 2,561 Times in 2,043 Posts
Groans: 178
Groaned at 126 Times in 121 Posts
Formerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond repute

It feels kinda weird to see Wentz fall that far, but I suppose their might be more Giants fans and a general anti-Eagles sentiment in your league, maybe?

As for the others stuff, nothing really sticks out. I also prefer to stream TE, but I've also had drafts where I just like Gronk or Kelce more than anything else on the board, and I'm fine with it. I feel it hurts my initial depth later, but it all comes out in the wash.

Chris Carson's name is really out of place on that keepers list. Almost everyone else is a surefire top four round guy (and Watson, but I get it a little more), and then there's Carson who, if I had to guess, won't be starting by Week 10...it's..just off. I don't know who that guy had as other choices, though, either.

Just generally looking at it and trying to find someone you're going to love a lot more than me, it's Calvin Ridley...but it's a keeper and you do tend to push rookies up more, even though your keepers are pretty well locked in.
Old 08-30-2018, 04:36 PM

qb was kinda weird honestly. rodgers went with the 1st pick of the 3rd, brady in the 4th, brees in the 5th and watson kept in the 6th. after that, we waited until the 9th to see cam and wilson. i generally don't like taking a qb early, but the value on wilson was getting dumb, i was ready to pull the trigger. i saw wentz still sitting around on my next go round, and the run hadn't started yet, so i jumped. even if he misses week 1, alex smith and mariota are still around, i can stream based on matchup.

the guy who kept carson kept no one else. i also think he's got one of the 3 weakest teams, so i guess that goes hand in hand.

a couple other guys jumped on the rookies, but yea i probably like ridleys situation more than others, but im also not a big mo sanu fan.
Formerly Known (08-30-2018)
Old 08-30-2018, 08:34 PM
Titans GM; 17 GML FFL Champion; 17 GML Dynasty Champion; Stable Genius

Groans: 2
Groaned at 11 Times in 11 Posts
BearsDreamer is a splendid one to beholdBearsDreamer is a splendid one to beholdBearsDreamer is a splendid one to beholdBearsDreamer is a splendid one to beholdBearsDreamer is a splendid one to beholdBearsDreamer is a splendid one to beholdBearsDreamer is a splendid one to behold

Let me ask this to everyone.

In a standard scoring league; if you have the 6th pick (12 teams) who would you take?

Saquon Barkley
Or
Antonio Brown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spoiler
The Following User Says Thank You to BearsDreamer For This Useful Post:
jalexjsmithj (08-31-2018)
Old 08-30-2018, 08:39 PM
2016 & 2017 Mach Draft Contest Winner

Thanked 2,561 Times in 2,043 Posts
Groans: 178
Groaned at 126 Times in 121 Posts
Formerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearsDreamer View Post
Let me ask this to everyone.

In a standard scoring league; if you have the 6th pick (12 teams) who would you take?

Saquon Barkley
Or
Antonio Brown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Antonio.

I can go more into it and play both sides on it, if you need more info, but I almost feel like it's a slam dunk.
Old 08-30-2018, 08:49 PM

id prefer saquon, only because the depth at rb after say... the fournette-hunt-mccaffrey-cook group, is atrocious. i dont trust that turnaround runner in devonta, howard, drake, ajayi, etc. at all. any of them.

in the other league i drafted already, i took kamara, and on the comeback i took keenan allen. ended up taking tyreek in the 3rd because i still hated all the runners. got royce freeman in the 4th, though i dont trust him much either, but at least theres upside on him, as opposed to all the stiffs that we already know who they are.
Old 08-30-2018, 08:52 PM

by the way in that kamara draft, i took kamara over both antonio and saquon. if that factors in at all to you.
jalexjsmithj (08-31-2018)
Old 08-30-2018, 08:53 PM
Titans GM; 17 GML FFL Champion; 17 GML Dynasty Champion; Stable Genius

Groans: 2
Groaned at 11 Times in 11 Posts
BearsDreamer is a splendid one to beholdBearsDreamer is a splendid one to beholdBearsDreamer is a splendid one to beholdBearsDreamer is a splendid one to beholdBearsDreamer is a splendid one to beholdBearsDreamer is a splendid one to beholdBearsDreamer is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formerly Known View Post
Antonio.

I can go more into it and play both sides on it, if you need more info, but I almost feel like it's a slam dunk.
Honestly, I would like you to go into it.

My thinking is Barkley could be a home run. And I could always get solid receivers later.

I don't know. It's just me swinging for the fences in my brain.

Spoiler
Old 08-30-2018, 08:53 PM

Groans: 10
Groaned at 7 Times in 7 Posts
Sloup is just really niceSloup is just really niceSloup is just really niceSloup is just really niceSloup is just really nice

I disagree, Hammer. Give me Antonio and Devonta over Saquon and Adams. Then again, I won't trust Davante Adams to my grave.

2016 Saints
2017 Seahawks
2018 Jets