GM League  

Go Back   GM League > Forums > Football > Fantasy Football

Old 12-26-2017, 08:57 PM

Groans: 41
Groaned at 17 Times in 12 Posts
NFLRA is a name known to allNFLRA is a name known to allNFLRA is a name known to allNFLRA is a name known to allNFLRA is a name known to allNFLRA is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
just edit it bud, nobody comes here on non-sundays til the draft, and then gml after that. and i just won two fantasy leagues myself... so ill let you slide since we're both succeeding at being awesome in the moment.
Let me know when you're done thumbing butts...
2015 Denver Broncos
Old 08-07-2018, 10:44 AM
2016 GML Dynasty Champion

Groans: 20
Groaned at 15 Times in 13 Posts
indecisivepizza is a splendid one to beholdindecisivepizza is a splendid one to beholdindecisivepizza is a splendid one to beholdindecisivepizza is a splendid one to beholdindecisivepizza is a splendid one to beholdindecisivepizza is a splendid one to behold

If anyone is looking for more fantasy gigs, I've got two open spots in a league I commish (and NYG participates in).

The House Rules:
The league will return to NFL.com
There is no league fee or monetary prize (although what you do amongst yourselves is of your own choosing); the stakes are bragging rights.
There will be an Undroppable List
There will be 0.5 PPR
There will be NO trade review (However, I reserve the right to intervene if someone decides to kamikaze their team and make a slew of ridiculous trades, so if you’re going to make a really lopsided trade, make your first one the best one.). There WILL be a trade deadline, set for November 23, 2018.
A PAT will be worth 1 point, a 0-19 yd FG will be worth 1 PT, and a 20-29 YD FG will be worth 1 PT (30-39: 3 PTs, 40-49: 4 PTs, 50+: 5 PTs).
Each team will start 1 QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF, and 1 Flex Player (R/W/T). Each team will have 6 bench players, completing a 15 player roster.

All other stats are their default (1 pt/25 pass yards, 1 pt/10 rushing or receiving yards, 6 pts for a rushing or receiving TD, 4 for a passing TD, -2 pts for a lost fumble or pick, 2 pts for a 2 pt conversion), and waivers are also just the default.

If you have any interest in joining let me know!
The Following User Says Thank You to indecisivepizza For This Useful Post:
NYGAllDay521 (08-16-2018)
Old 08-07-2018, 05:49 PM
2016 & 2017 Mach Draft Contest Winner

Thanked 2,183 Times in 1,712 Posts
Groans: 167
Groaned at 124 Times in 119 Posts
Formerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond repute

Early mock draft thoughts (and by 'early', I mean, I'm almost done with mocks and moving on to leagues soon, but still...) Agree, disagree, whatever. This is the way I'm thinking, and I figured I'd share.

QB - Wait, wait, wait. I know the experts are saying this, too, but it can't go unsaid. "If you think you've waited to long at QB, wait another 2 rounds." Unless your league scoring is highly slanted or you're in a F&F league where people will be drafting backups in Round 6, wait. I ended up with Drew Brees in round 10 in a PPR mock today. I've gotten Jimmy G in Round 11, and he's a Top 10 QB on my board. Alex Smith is barely being drafted and he was QB4 last year, and is in a great system for fantasy QBs (I know he's still Alex Smith, but still.) I'm pretty okay with having a starter down to #19 in my QB ranks, and a guy like Derek Carr or Mitchell Trubisky could even jump up in the rankings on the right week. You might not get the fun of having Rodgers or Brady (who has been terrible in the fantasy playoffs the last couple years), but it might be worth it to have the upgrade at RB.

RB - It's not deep. If I don't get 2 of my Top 21 or so, it's probably sleeper/draft-and-hope city. Now mind you, Lamar Miller is in my Top 21, so it's not like even that is something you want to deal with. It might be better in PPR (Duke Johnson could be a weekly play, I guess?), and in my recent mock I went Isaiah Crowell at RB2 because of the WR drops, but it's still scary. Picking top 7, and getting a Barkley/McCaffrey/Diggs combo seems a little bit better than a, say, Barkley/AJ/Alex Collins grouping to me. The sleepers are there, but the situations are seemingly harder to read than usual. Jordan Wilkins? Ehhh? LeGarrette Blount? Okay? Chris Carson? Uhhh...sure? I feel like these guys are fine as depth pieces, but do you really want them starting?

WR - It is deep. I'm not positive that I'll take WR in Round 1 unless it's Antonio Brown. The depth is there. You know the term going 'Zero RB'? It might be a year to go 'Zero WR' until Round 5, if the TE situation works your way. Having that top 10-12 guy would be nice, but with the Doug Baldwin and Alshon Jeffery injuries, it just doesn't have the right feel to it. I'm getting PPR guys like Jamison Crowder in Round 7 of mocks, and while I don't love him, the situation is great. Cole Beasley is going undrafted in 12 team leagues, and then there's the sleepers like Brice Butler and Ryan Grant that you might fall in love with. It's possible it's worth the wait, depending on the feel of your draft.

TE - So Gronk in the late second, sure. Then Ertz and Kelce. Then...I'd kinda just wait. I mean, I like Delanie Walker and Kyle Rudolph as fantasy TEs quite a bit, but are they guaranteed to be better than a Vance McDonald/Ricky Seals-Jones/Benjamin Watson combo from the waiver wire? I might just play matchups and use the mid-round picks on more clear RB situations (like say, Rex Burkhead in the 7th makes more sense than Walker to me.) I don't *love* anyone to the point of stacking them as a sleeper, and I'll probably mix and match the tier-3 guys at TE.

DEF - I wouldn't draft one if I didn't have to. I haven't even looked at the Week 1 schedule to see who I'm streaming, yet. I guess we're probably attacking Buffalo's offense with streaming Ds the most this year, though.

PK - If you draft a kicker and don't have to, please retire. If kickers are valuable in your league, please retire. And hey, a kicker might win you a week, here and there. But is it guaranteed to be Gostkowski or Zuerlein or whoever? No. It's more likely to be Daniel Carlson or Eddy Pineiro or whoever. It's too much of a crapshoot to bother.
Old 08-08-2018, 09:54 AM

Thanked 2,003 Times in 1,501 Posts
Groans: 45
Groaned at 69 Times in 67 Posts
Hammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant futureHammer has a brilliant future

"I guess we're probably attacking Buffalo's offense with streaming Ds the most this year, though. "

tampa bay, bengals, any non-pats team in the afc east, the cards as long as sham badford is the starter... i feel like we got a bunch of good options to attack early in the season.
Old 08-10-2018, 11:48 AM

Groans: 4
Groaned at 5 Times in 5 Posts
jalexjsmithj is a glorious beacon of lightjalexjsmithj is a glorious beacon of lightjalexjsmithj is a glorious beacon of lightjalexjsmithj is a glorious beacon of lightjalexjsmithj is a glorious beacon of lightjalexjsmithj is a glorious beacon of light

I am feasting on where Crowder and Marquis Goodwin are being picked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-10-2018, 04:04 PM

Groans: 7
Groaned at 6 Times in 6 Posts
Sloup is just really niceSloup is just really niceSloup is just really niceSloup is just really nice

I didn't think I was a big Brandin Cooks guy, but I've gotten him pretty consistently at WR2 in mocks. I guess I'm willing to risk the Sammy Watkins season when I pair him with a couple more consistent guys.

2016 Saints
2017 Seahawks
2018 Jets
Old 08-10-2018, 06:19 PM
2017 schisno GM of the Year

Thanked 1,518 Times in 1,048 Posts
Groans: 3
Groaned at 63 Times in 61 Posts
Brown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud ofBrown GM has much to be proud of

When did Yahoo take away a WR #3 for a flex spot?
Old 08-10-2018, 10:35 PM
'13 Mock Draft Winner, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17 Pick Em Winner & the Straw that Stirs the Drink

Thanked 2,040 Times in 1,382 Posts
Groans: 89
Groaned at 84 Times in 82 Posts
Mach has a brilliant futureMach has a brilliant futureMach has a brilliant futureMach has a brilliant futureMach has a brilliant futureMach has a brilliant futureMach has a brilliant futureMach has a brilliant futureMach has a brilliant futureMach has a brilliant futureMach has a brilliant future

likely this season. Good.
Old 08-18-2018, 09:43 PM
2016 & 2017 Mach Draft Contest Winner

Thanked 2,183 Times in 1,712 Posts
Groans: 167
Groaned at 124 Times in 119 Posts
Formerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond reputeFormerly Known has a reputation beyond repute

If you need proof that Witlon has lost his mind, he's targeting Lamar Miller in fantasy football leagues again.
jalexjsmithj (08-19-2018)
Old 08-18-2018, 10:22 PM
'13 Mock Draft Winner, '13, '14, '15, '16, '17 Pick Em Winner & the Straw that Stirs the Drink

Thanked 2,040 Times in 1,382 Posts
Groans: 89
Groaned at 84 Times in 82 Posts
Mach has a brilliant futureMach has a brilliant futureMach has a brilliant futureMach has a brilliant futureMach has a brilliant futureMach has a brilliant futureMach has a brilliant futureMach has a brilliant futureMach has a brilliant futureMach has a brilliant futureMach has a brilliant future

depending on the round, it's not a bad idea. We now know he's just best as not a bellcow back. Somehow Miami had it right all along. Fucking Lolfins.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mach For This Useful Post:
jalexjsmithj (08-19-2018)